Cessna HSI

The jack of all trades and the world's most popular high performance GA aircraft
new reply
GaryRR
Staff Sergeant

Cessna HSI

Post by GaryRR »

My Cessna P3D 64 bit version does not have a modern HSI. Instead it has two old fashioned Omni Bearing gauges and the HSI is heading only. The preview picks show the VOR navigation HSI more common today. Why is that? Is that a selectable equipment option I missed or are the update packages platform specific? I downloaded the November 2020 update when ai only had FSX Steam. Now I have p3d v4 models. Help please.

Thanks.

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Cessna HSI

Post by Tomas Linnet »

I’m not sure, but I think you can select the HSI in the shift-3 menu
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Yes, as Tomas says, the Shift 3 window can be used to install the HSI in place of the default heading indicator. The text entry to click on is towards the centre of the window and can be toggled between "Default" and "KI-525A" (the Bendix King model which is simulated). You'll also see the slaving controls for this instrument added at bottom left of the panel when it's selected.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

GaryRR
Staff Sergeant

Post by GaryRR »

Found it. Thanks guys. I can use the omni style but the HSI is quicker and easier to read for me. I have RXP but I like to VOR and NDB navigate for the brain excersise. I really like the Skylane. She is really an old reliable and with the EXP two blade she scoots along to. Got to watch careful as overspending is possible with it.

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane”