Mouse use

The jack of all trades and the world's most popular high performance GA aircraft
new reply
kevtherev
Airman Basic

Mouse use

Post by kevtherev »

I have downloaded and installed the A2A Cessna 182 in both my P3Dv3.4 and P3Dv5. In the v5 I can rotate about the VC using my right mouse button however in v3.4 the use of this button only brings up a selection of views. Is this an anomoly in v3.4 or am I doing something wrong. Otherwise a lovely aircraft.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Mouse use

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello and welcome.

Enhanced mouse control of views (for example, using right click and drag to change view direction) is one of the features added with P3Dv5 so it's nothing you're doing wrong, just a difference between the base simulators.

In v5, this setting can actually be disabled via an option in "other controls".

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

kevtherev
Airman Basic

Post by kevtherev »

Silly me, I looked at an old post and found that by using the space bar and left mouse button can rotate the VC views in P3Dv3. Many thanks for your reply and once again a super airplane.

Les Parson
Staff Sergeant

Post by Les Parson »

Nick - A2A wrote: 03 May 2021, 05:56 Hello and welcome.

Enhanced mouse control of views (for example, using right click and drag to change view direction) is one of the features added with P3Dv5 so it's nothing you're doing wrong, just a difference between the base simulators.

In v5, this setting can actually be disabled via an option in "other controls".

Thanks,
Nick
I only use P3Dv4.5 for the beloved A2A V35B. Can you confirm if I upgrade to v5 or 5.1, I can then use right mouse to move around in 3D VC just like in x-Plane 11?
I've heard many complaints with v5.0-5.1; is it possible to conduct a rollback to 4.5 if things go south?

Many thanks.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

kevtherev wrote: 03 May 2021, 08:29 Silly me, I looked at an old post and found that by using the space bar and left mouse button can rotate the VC views in P3Dv3. Many thanks for your reply and once again a super airplane.
You're welcome Kev and thanks for the kind words.

Les Parson wrote: 03 May 2021, 13:50 Can you confirm if I upgrade to v5 or 5.1, I can then use right mouse to move around in 3D VC just like in x-Plane 11?
I've heard many complaints with v5.0-5.1; is it possible to conduct a rollback to 4.5 if things go south?
If you have the disk space Les, then you can actually install both v4 and v5 of P3D concurrently and switching from one to the other is no problem. That's why I do to help better support customers on each version. But yes, P3Dv5 does include some enhanced mouse support for view controls. Not quite the level that's available through add-ons such as EZdok and Chaseplane, but an improvement on P3Dv4 nonetheless.

If you're unsure about the upgrade to v5, Lockheed Martin have a 14 day money-back guarantee. And any A2A add-ons you've purchased for v4 can be used in v5 too. You'll just need to download the updated installers.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Les Parson
Staff Sergeant

Post by Les Parson »

Nick,
Thanks for the info; most helpful.

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane”