My first few flights

The jack of all trades and the world's most popular high performance GA aircraft
new reply
Gibbon
Airman Basic

My first few flights

Post by Gibbon »

Hi all,

The whole point of me getting this plane was to try and be more involved in the cockpit, feel the plane if you like, and get a more realistic experience than a standard plane supplied with my flightsim, which happens to be P3d 4.5.

Well obviously i know everything and am the best pilot out there. Or not. Binned my 182 on takeoff first time i tried it lol. This was actually no surprise at all really. So i started with simple take off's and landing circuits at my home airport of EGKA Shoreham in the south of England. After about half a dozen of these i was realising what i was doing wrong, among other things, which was relying on the trim too much and not flying the bloody plane!! She feels like a plane, if that makes sense and you need to treat her as such.

I'm not a real world pilot by any means but i have flown a Grumman Tiger AA5 out of Shoreham as a birthday present, so have some sense of feel for what a light aircraft feels like in the air. Having now completed a longish flight in my 182, i'm now planning a round the UK flight, hopefully without incident, and me making too many stupid mistakes. Thoroughly enjoying my 182, and hopefully we'll have many happy hours together. Excellent product :)

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: My first few flights

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hey Gibbon,

sounds lovely, thanks for the post and glad you are enjoying the simulation :mrgreen: I love hearing these light bulb/first time user posts when its all gone right and the experience has just spoken for itself 8)

I hope your 182 brings you many many many Hours of great enjoyment and fun in the virtual skies.

cheers,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

Ditto. Good post. 👍
Before you know where you are you'll be telling Dudley how to fly a Mustang..Properly. :D
"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled"

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Gibbon wrote: 23 Jan 2021, 04:42 Hi all,

The whole point of me getting this plane was to try and be more involved in the cockpit, feel the plane if you like, and get a more realistic experience than a standard plane supplied with my flightsim, which happens to be P3d 4.5.

Well obviously i know everything and am the best pilot out there. Or not. Binned my 182 on takeoff first time i tried it lol. This was actually no surprise at all really. So i started with simple take off's and landing circuits at my home airport of EGKA Shoreham in the south of England. After about half a dozen of these i was realising what i was doing wrong, among other things, which was relying on the trim too much and not flying the bloody plane!! She feels like a plane, if that makes sense and you need to treat her as such.

I'm not a real world pilot by any means but i have flown a Grumman Tiger AA5 out of Shoreham as a birthday present, so have some sense of feel for what a light aircraft feels like in the air. Having now completed a longish flight in my 182, i'm now planning a round the UK flight, hopefully without incident, and me making too many stupid mistakes. Thoroughly enjoying my 182, and hopefully we'll have many happy hours together. Excellent product :)
Glad you are enjoying the 182 and having fun. Sounds like you have discovered the exact reason we created our planes; fun and education.
The more you fly the better you will become at flying. If you run into something you need a bit more help with, just post it here on the forums. Our community is here to help you. If you discover a new adventure on your travels you would like to share, ditto on that as well.
Most of all, just enjoy !
Dudley Henriques

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane”