C182 P3D5 ?

The jack of all trades and the world's most popular high performance GA aircraft
new reply
marcorivera84
Airman Basic

C182 P3D5 ?

Post by marcorivera84 »

Good afternoon,

I was wondering if the Cessna 182 is or will be compatible to the v5 version? I got the Cessna 172 flying already, however I cannot install this yet in the v5 version.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: C182 P3D5 ?

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello and welcome to the A2A forums.

Please see this pinned topic for our statement on P3Dv4 compatibility. Although the existing Accu-Sim products for P3Dv4 will generally work in P3Dv5, there are a few issues we're working on.

When these have been sorted, we'll release new P3Dv5 compatible installers. In the meantime if you wish to try v4 products in v5 it's a case of manually moving files from your P3Dv4 installation, or aliasing to the files as described in the linked post.

Alternatively, if you don't have v4 installed and if you're comfortable editing the Windows registry, you can add a copy of the P3Dv4 registry key pointing to your P3Dv5 installation. To do this, add a registry key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4" containing a string with name "SetupPath" and value "C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5" (or whatever your P3Dv5 installation path is).

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane”