Automatic Pilot

The jack of all trades and the world's most popular high performance GA aircraft
new reply
XoXoVisKi
Airman Basic

Automatic Pilot

Post by XoXoVisKi »

Hello everyone!

First of all, thanks for the dedication in creating this fantastic machine.

My flights have changed from water to wine.

Come on, I searched all the topics of the C182 here, before creating my question.

I searched for topics but found nothing related ...

I know that it will not be compared to the real one, however, I particularly like to set the altitude that I will fly in the VFR, and I like to stay with the free direction, to be able to make curves in the hand, but in the Autopilot of this aircraft, when it turns the Altitude, it is in "Roll" and can only set the HDG and stay working on the direction button, becoming almost an "IFR" flight.

Does anyone know any tips on how to leave the stick "free" even with the altitude set? Changes, or application where you can do that and make me even happier?

Hugs and good flights.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Automatic Pilot

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello and welcome XoXoVisKi - good to hear you're enjoying the 182!

The two-axis KAP 140 autopilot that's installed in this 182 doesn't allow a vertical mode to be engaged unless a lateral one is also active too. I'm afraid this means that you can't control the direction of the aircraft with the yoke while using the autopilot to hold altitude. Instead, you'll need to use HDG mode and use the heading bug to control your direction of flight.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

XoXoVisKi
Airman Basic

Re: Automatic Pilot

Post by XoXoVisKi »

Nick - A2A wrote: 26 Jan 2020, 18:58 Hello and welcome XoXoVisKi - good to hear you're enjoying the 182!

The two-axis KAP 140 autopilot that's installed in this 182 doesn't allow a vertical mode to be engaged unless a lateral one is also active too. I'm afraid this means that you can't control the direction of the aircraft with the yoke while using the autopilot to hold altitude. Instead, you'll need to use HDG mode and use the heading bug to control your direction of flight.

Thanks,
Nick
thanks Nick for the welcome.

right, I have knowledge of AP operation, but even knowing that it would affect the reality of the 182 simulation, does anyone know to inform me if there is a possibility to pop up some other AP that I can use as I wish?

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane”