The A2A Simulations Community

"Come share your passion for flight"
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Just like real flying
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:24 am 
Technical Sergeant

I returned to flying the Skylane after a a very long time, flying other A2A aircraft, in fact I almost forgot about the Skylane. I watched some youtube videos on it, and decided to get it out of the hangar this week, changed the oil, and started flying it again. It already had about 130 hours on the hobbs. Took me just a couple of flights to feel really comfortable flying it again. First, I started flying Vatsim again after years and years away from it. The Skylane in my opinion is a perfect aircraft to use for vatsim, either IFR or VFR. It's a really stable IFR platform, and with GPS, VOR's and ADF, can handle just about anything that Vatsim throws at me.

Now the main reason I am posting this is, the feeling I get from flying the Skylane. I got my Privates license back in 1978, and in training flew the C 152. C 172 and the Piper Warrior. I stopped being an active PIC flyer back in the early 90's due to medical and financial issues, and started flying flight sims, which I have been doing since the late 80's. The one thing I always found missing, when simming was the exact feeling I got when flying a real aircraft. It just didn't seem to be happening in the sim. What I realized after flying the Skylane, especially in this last week, is that the Skylane is the closest thing to flying a real aircraft that I have experience in FSX, P3D, or XP. The handling of the aircraft and the sensation of actually flying is superb. If you have never flown a real aircraft and you want to know what flying one is like, get the Skylane, and you will find out. I have a feeling that the Skylane is going to be my go to aircraft from now on. Kudos to A2A for a fantastic job.