Multi PC, six monitor VC setup with Videview - HELP needed!

The jack of all trades and the world's most popular high performance GA aircraft
new reply
lcheagle
Airman Basic

Multi PC, six monitor VC setup with Videview - HELP needed!

Post by lcheagle »

Hi Guys,

Firstly, thank you for developing such great products for flight sim enthusiasts like me. A VERY good job indeed.

Secondly, I’ve been using your C172 and C182 in FSX SE in a single computer with one big monitor without any problem for some time. Now, I’m working on a new virtual cockpit that consists of:

(a) Six 24-inch monitors arranged in two rows of three monitors each.
(b) The lower row shows the 3D cockpit and is driven by a master computer (FSX SE) running the actual simulation. It receives my yoke, throttle, etc. inputs and reacts to any event i initiate on the virtual cockpit depicted in the lower row. No scenery is shown here since the eye point is set to only show the instrument panel.
(c) The upper row depicts the top of the virtual cockpit as seen from the pilot’s eyes (i.e. windshield and windows) and it is exclusively used for sceneries as seen from the VC. This row is perfectly aligned with the lower row to show an immersive view as you were in a 3x3 VC and obviously this is just a dummy visual model that complements my lower row. For doing this, a slave computer (FSX SE) running a Wideview client drives the upper row by receiving data from a VideView server running on the master computer.

I purchased two additional licenses of your fantastic C182 and C172 but as you already know, these aircrafts’ internal models are quite complex and they do not get along well when used with Videview clients. In this configuration I just get random shaky movements out of sync with the Master computer.

Using a dummier aircraft with a different VC design really diminishes what I’m trying to achieve, as you might understand.

My question is: It’s possible for me to somehow get just the internal MDL for the C182 and C172 I can integrate within a less complex aircraft? This way I think it might be possible to get the final visual effect I’m trying to obtain.

Thanks a lot,

LuisR

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane”