Just a word or two on flying an Accusim airplane

The jack of all trades and the world's most popular high performance GA aircraft
Norforce
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Just a word or two on flying an Accusim airplane

Post by Norforce »

And a bump
Ron
B-17 AIRFRAME 710 HRS PLUS AND CLIMBING
ImageImageImageImage

GIGABYTE X58A-UD5 MB, INTEL I7 950, 12GB DOMINATOR-GT DDR3 RAM, WIN7 64, GIGABYTE SUPER OVER CLOCK GTX 560 TI 1GB GGDDR5 1000Mz, CORSAIR 850W PS, NOCTUA NH-D14,
TRACKIR 5 & TrackClipPro

trucker17
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by trucker17 »

That is so true.....
With A2A Aircraft, You have the very best available in FSX.....A2A aircraft are not Fly by the wire planes......They require you to take control of your plane and fly it......REMEMBER..... the plane don't fly you, You fly the plane......Just like you drive your car......You tell the car where to go and what to do by using the pedals, Steering wheel, etc.......The same hold true for an A2A aircraft.....
These are the closest and most realistic planes you can climb into, short of climbing into your own plane.....So climb in, sit down and grab that horse by the reigns, and hold on tight for the ride of your life......

mjrhealth
Airman

Post by mjrhealth »

One must be carefull with weather engines. Very few actually take into account terrain. ASN i believe will actually create up drafts and down drafts on slopes. With ASN its very rare I ever fly a plane on rails,now if we could get thermals based on surface type, but thats stretching it a bit.

shafs64
Airman Basic

Post by shafs64 »

I am a real world pilot. and Most hours are on late model 172r so I should of know what was coming.

I loaded up the A2A 172 and the COG was a bit to the rear of the aircraft and I know that 172s don't like this. But I thought it will be all good. so I do all my pre take off check all is good do the TO and she is climbing steeper than I would like. and I am using a lot of trim to keep the nose down. after climbing to 500agl I turned crosswind and the stall siren started to go off. that's where I had to start fling it like a real pilot.
Some of you may be killed. but that is a risk I am willing to take,

benjamin555
Airman Basic

Post by benjamin555 »

A very refreshing read to say the least. I recently jumped into the Prepar3d environment, and haven't looked back since. The A2A 182 aircraft has been an ABSOLUTE pleasure to fly, and as a newly born student pilot working towards my private license, it's a great environment to practice in. It's funny, after all the simulator hours in FSX, I was amazed how familiar I felt with the instrument panel and inner workings of the 172 after stepping into the physical plane.

Thanks for this great product and A+ support team. Look forward to purchasing additional aircraft through A2A for Prepar3d.

Benjamin

Wasabi65
Airman First Class

Post by Wasabi65 »

I wish that I had read this when I first jumped into the seat of my first A2A, the C172. My first reaction was "what the hell is going on?! This thing is uncontrollable!". However, once I had realised that the joystick sensitivities and null zones were incorrect it became easier, but not easy. It still isn't. As the OP states "you have to FLY this plane".
Slowly, and with some hours accumulated, I am finally getting the right 'feel' for flying and knowing how much adjustment is needed.
I prefer to fly with real weather on FSX (I don't have a weather engine other than the default one), the real weather here in the UK has been terrible these last few days so I have switched the weather off (don't shoot me, I am new :wink: ). but even without the weather, there is still a lot of work to do to keep the plane happy.
At the end of a flight, when I am parked and shut down, I actually feel an immense sense of achievement and that I have put a decent shift in; it is mentally tiring, Even though my @rse hasn't left the seat! Now THAT is realism :D

Nice post. Thanks
Andrew
ImageImage

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Don't we all wish we could have Dudley sitting right seat when we fly? We've very lucky to have him on our forums sharing the vast knowledge in aviation. I was lucky to have a great instructor when I started to fly and Dudley's comments here remind me of him. Whenever we would hit turbulence he would shout, "don't let the wind control your airplane, hit it back with some aileron or elevator to keep it flying straight. YOU are in control, not the airplane!"

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Wasabi65
Airman First Class

Post by Wasabi65 »

Scott, thanks to you and the team bring for bringing some of that 'sensation' of rw flying to the simulated world!
Indeed, having experienced rw pilots on this (and other) forums to deliver these pearls of wisdom is invaluable to armchair pilots like myself.
ImageImage

jiva602
Airman

Post by jiva602 »

As a new person just entering the world of A2A, I feel very fortunate to have found so many incredibly talented, wise, and generous souls on this forum to learn from and from whom to get inspiration to enjoy this awesome journey.

Since I am flying mostly shortish trips with FSE on PE, I prefer to not use autopilot and, even cruising "straight and level", I find myself constantly nudging and doing at least micro corrections to keep her flying as smoothly and efficiently as possible. The more I fly my new Skylane, the more aware I become of the intricate details A2A has put into this aircraft. When I purchased this I knew very well how unique it is among sim aircraft but my respect and admiration for those at A2A and the all of the pilots that actually know how to fly grows more and more every single hour I spend in the cockpit.

Thank you for this post and thanks to all for sharing your talent and love of flying.

Jiva
N108ES

bobsk8
Technical Sergeant

Post by bobsk8 »

Been a Licensed Private Pilot since 1978. Simming since, around 1986. I started flying sims again about 18 months ago after many years away from it, with P3D. First aircraft I bought was the A2A 172, then the Cherokee. Then I decided to try some tube liners, so I went from the Aerosoft Airbus, to the Q400, and finally the PMDG 737 series. By this time, I had left the A2A aircraft in the hangar, and for months I flew a VA with the 737. One day I decided that I was mostly sitting and watching the AP fly the aircraft, which is what most airline pilots do today, some actually flying the aircraft on many flights for only a minute or two at most. I decided to get the Cherokee out of the hangar and start flying it again. I had gotten pretty rusty, not hand flying anything, so I worked on my approaches, and landings, and then purchased the Cessna 182. Now with the 182, I am busy pre flighting the aircraft, hand flying, flying on autopilot, managing cowl flaps, and mixtures, monitoring cylinder head temps, fuel flow gauges, flying into small airstips, etc. etc. Having a blast on each flight, getting better and better, and haven't touched the tube liners in a long time. Accusim really makes me feel like I am flying in real life again.
MSFS 2020
ATC by PF3

Taka taka
Senior Airman

Post by Taka taka »

bobsk8 wrote:Been a Licensed Private Pilot since 1978. Simming since, around 1986. I started flying sims again about 18 months ago after many years away from it, with P3D. First aircraft I bought was the A2A 172, then the Cherokee. Then I decided to try some tube liners, so I went from the Aerosoft Airbus, to the Q400, and finally the PMDG 737 series. By this time, I had left the A2A aircraft in the hangar, and for months I flew a VA with the 737. One day I decided that I was mostly sitting and watching the AP fly the aircraft, which is what most airline pilots do today, some actually flying the aircraft on many flights for only a minute or two at most. I decided to get the Cherokee out of the hangar and start flying it again. I had gotten pretty rusty, not hand flying anything, so I worked on my approaches, and landings, and then purchased the Cessna 182. Now with the 182, I am busy pre flighting the aircraft, hand flying, flying on autopilot, managing cowl flaps, and mixtures, monitoring cylinder head temps, fuel flow gauges, flying into small airstips, etc. etc. Having a blast on each flight, getting better and better, and haven't touched the tube liners in a long time. Accusim really makes me feel like I am flying in real life again.
+1
I refuse to use AP anymore. It's boring.
Try the Connie when you want the next step. More things to keep track of. A larger workload...more fun.
"Spring Chicken to Shite Hawk in one easy lesson...taka taka taka taka..."

GaryRR
Staff Sergeant

Post by GaryRR »

This is why I went to Accusim. I want to learn aircraft. And the science behind them. I tell people often, it's a simulation, not a game. And A2A puts the simulation into it. Oh that more developers would take A2A's approach.
Some developers have glorified freeware. Some, like Carenado look real pretty but the flight dynamics are questionable and the systems are Buggy or quirky at best. After A2A only PMDG, Majestic, the Flight1 B200, and Eaglesoft are a distant next tier down.
The persistent wear and time effects, the repair modeling, the engine physics and flight modeling all combine to realize the old FS tag line
As Real As It Gets.

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

This is why we all fly A2A!

Thank you Dudley.
ATB

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane”