Well, it's that time again to say "thank you"

The jack of all trades and the world's most popular high performance GA aircraft
Scott - A2A
A2A General

Well, it's that time again to say "thank you"

Post by Scott - A2A »

While the Skylane has been quite popular, and our servers were hit especially hard yesterday, the ratio of reported bugs to sales is very low. This is because of this beta team. It's just over a day after this release, and our team has been quite relaxed browsing the forums and listening to all the feedback.

Having said that, "relaxed" doesn't mean not working :) We introduced very ambitious support for 3rd party avionics and there are some reported bugs, which we are confident will be addressed in the very short term. There are also a few other observations from users here we're looking into as well.

As a developer, there is nothing worse than a customer having a technical issue with your product, especially if it could have been avoided. Oskar Wagner stepped up just before the Cherokee went to beta and designed quite a new, rigorous beta test system which has again, tracked down 99.9% of any bugs. Frankly, my main concern during testing was Oskar over working himself (and us :) ). His dedication to quality control is admirable and I (we) are grateful for his work.

Also, we want to thank Rob "Great Ozzie" Osborne as a new tester and has earned the rank and title "A2A Test Pilot." He is a real world CFI (Certified Flight Instructor) and also an A&P (Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic). Which, people in the business know, is a special combination. Rob was instrumental (sorry for the bad pun :) ) in making this Accu-Sim Skylane a better product through, and we welcome him to the team.

And lastly, to our customers - we don't forget that you have a choice of what products to buy. Our entire development team hangs their hat here daily and when necessary, steps in to help (part of everyone's job at A2A is to help customers). We've also preemptively upgraded our server technology several times to keep these forums delivering almost instant response times. That's because this community, and I definitely speak for Lewis here too, is paramount.

From all of us at A2A, thank you,

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

rc flyer
Staff Sergeant

Re: Well, it's that time again to say "thank you"

Post by rc flyer »

You're most welcomed Scott and all the team! And "thank you all" for another fine product, your passion for what you all do is certainly reflected in the C182 Skylane!

Steve

taildraggin68
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by taildraggin68 »

Scott, you and your entire team have performed at the top and beyond again. The Beta Team (Thanks Oskar and team) has done very well in screening the 182. A2A keeps pushing the envelope and forging ahead, but it is also the open nature of the community and the level of customer service provided that really makes the product. Most developers do not have this, nor would you get a response in a timely manner if you had a problem with something.

The products A2A provides are excellent, the Service even better, and now you got that guy Rob on your team :wink: (Congratulations Rob) I presume we can expect a great tutorial program as well? :twisted:

A2A provides an experience you will not get anywhere else :D

tbaac
Technical Sergeant

Post by tbaac »

Yes, thank you very much to Oskar and to all the testers, along with others in the team who put in the effort to react to the testers' findings.

And thanks to A2A for another great product.

Oh, and thanks for sending it to Froogle for an early First Impressions. I'd already bought it by the time that I saw his video but it was nice to see what he made of it 8)
ImageImageImage

MSFS, xplane 12.
5600x, 32GB ram, RX 6800XT, Windows 11.

zinny
Airman

Post by zinny »

To Scott and the Gang
Just a heads up I have sent my credit card to your office as I am so convinced that I will be buying all your products in the future that you might as well have my credit card. The expertise you guys put into this is outstanding,nothing like it out there.

Thank you
Garry
ImageImage

maubrenta
Senior Airman

Post by maubrenta »

Thank you A2A team!

pilottj
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pilottj »

Thank you Scott and A2A Team for this fantastic release. :mrgreen: I hope it breaks sales records.

Cheers
TJ
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

jeepinforfun
Technical Sergeant

Post by jeepinforfun »

You all deserve a pat on the back, so consider yourselves duly patted. Your business ethic is something other companies should model and your aircraft and troubleshooting are at the top of the pack. Well done!

As a retiree on a very low fixed income I need to pick and choose what I buy, very often having to wait for a few years after releases and depending on sales before I can afford most addons. That has not been the case with the last two GA offerings, bought them upon release because I feel they are actually worth the cost, especially at a time when FS addons have ballooned in price for what you actually get.

I have the amazing Mustang but am waiting for some more descent sales for the older warbirds, not because they are not worth it but they wouldn't get as much use and frankly I need to consider price against usage if I want to pay the bills. Still itching to give them a fly though. :lol:

Congrats to Rob for attaining his A2A beta wings too!
Take care, Brett

SWLights/AccuFeel/Cub/Mustang/Skyhawk/Cherokee/Skylane/Comanche/Thunderbolt/Spitfire/FlyingFortress/Stratocruiser

Kilstorm
Technical Sergeant

Post by Kilstorm »

Scott - A2A wrote:
And lastly, to our customers - we don't forget that you have a choice of what products to buy.

From all of us at A2A, thank you,

Scott.
When it comes to A2A products the choices are 'buy it the day of release' or 'as soon as you've heard its released'!
i9-13900K O/C | ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | 32GB DDR5 6000MHz Kingston FURY | RTX 4090 24GB | 2x SSD M.2 (2TB Samsung 990 PRO) 1x SSD (4TB Samsung 870 EVO) | Windows 11 Home | H20: HydroLux PRO:HardLine Tubing| 1000w PSU

EnDSchultz
Technical Sergeant

Post by EnDSchultz »

It's not insignificant to note that before A2A I had ZERO interest in GA flight simming. I held onto the relic which is FS9 and my various payware jets and turboprops that went with it.

Somehow when perusing the internet back in February, I stumbled upon a forum thread (couldn't tell you what or where) asking about good sim GA aircraft, and mention of the A2A C172 came up. I found my way here, and saw the plane with which I'd earned my PPL rendered in exquisite detail. I think "smitten" is a good way to describe my reaction. But I didn't have FSX. Once again, through internet wanderings I cannot hope to recall, I discovered Prepar3d. I went out on a limb and purchased it, got it up to snuff with some graphics addons and weather programs, and picked up the C172. In effect, I spent a LOT more than just $50 on it, but I certainly have zero regrets.

Over the past ten months I've acquired the 172, the P-51, the Cherokee, and now the 182. Consider that I haven't touched FS9 or any of my heavy metal since that fateful day, and indeed, since then have never even flown ANY sim aircraft other than A2A for more than five minutes. I can't imagine a stronger way to express my satisfaction than that.

You're right, we technically have a choice. But there's no real choice to be made. No GA aircraft I've seen for either FSX or xPlane appears to come close to what the A2A team has accomplished.

G-BJPS
Master Sergeant

Post by G-BJPS »

Outstanding job again team, congratulations, very well done!

Thank You.

John.
Cub. Cherokee. C182. Comanche 250. Spitfire. T-6. B-17. B377. Connie

Apexpilot
Airman First Class

Post by Apexpilot »

Yes, it's time to say thank you

Thank you all for doing it again. I am searching for words to describe how impressed i am.

Accusim is only a few steps away of simulating "airframe ageing". Maybe you should consider to simulate a aged airframe or, how the airflow is disturbed if the aircraft got hammered after encountering a hailstorm in a CB :)

It will bi difficult, but i have no doubt about the capabilities of A2A. :D

I used to pilot a Cessna 210 until i had the horrible experience of a mid air collision. Due to the heavy damage on the airframe, besides the missing elevator and hampered aileron steering, the aircraft was scraped. After that, i had no aircraft left to do some IFR training and i tried it with the Cessna 172, but it just was not the same. But now with the 182, i have a pretty similar platform to do some training at home, in a warm room with a cup of fresh brewed coffee.

I am a huge Cessna fan. Of course because their sturdy built airframe safed my own and the lives of my passengers but also because i started my career and my lovestory with aviation in a Cessna 150 as most of the other pilots on this planet.

Their airplanes can be flown even after taking a horrible beating, with very limited aileron control and one elevator side completely ripped of.

Thanks for adding the 182 to my virtual hangar and please, keep up the good work!!

yendor1
Airman Basic

Post by yendor1 »

Absolutely marvellous!! Another great "MUST HAVE" A2A GA-Aircraft.
I must THANK YOU guys for making Flight-Simulation so immersiv and educational.
A2A and Orbx really have lifted Flight-Simming into a new Dimension.

Well done guys....and keep up the good work....

Mig_Driver
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mig_Driver »

Yup, it sure is time (yet again!) to say Thank You Scott for dreaming big and more importantly, following through on the swing.

I LOVE the new Skylane, and I'm not usually a GA kind of guy. But anything with Accu-Sim in it...

What a SMOOTH flier! Definitely a big step up in power from the Skyhawk. And you were right about the two-blade prop - I am getting 10ish more knots indicated as a result of switching over. Just, folks, if you live in a hot climate like I do, watch the ambient temperature because it's SUPER easy to overprime her.
ALL THE A2A PLANES!!!

RobertGraham
Airman Basic

Post by RobertGraham »

Have said it before and will say it again I'll put down money for just about anything you guys put out.. The level of detail and work you do on the Accusim birds is amazing and something I am still striving to reach myself, the products smooth, polished and well tested and it shows guys.. and your support and general feedback is awesome.

Thank you again for another amazing product. One I am more than happy to recommend to my friends and even just those who want a good plane.

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane”