RXP GTN 650+750 dual setup

The jack of all trades and the world's most popular high performance GA aircraft
new reply
Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

RXP GTN 650+750 dual setup

Post by Skycat »

Does anyone have these two units operating in P3D in a way that lets the GTN 750 set the track for NAV in autopilot?

Background: I have the RXP GTN 650/750 installed into the instrument panel and working to 95% satisfaction (see post here). However, I am only able to use the GTN 650 to create a flight plan that the autopilot can follow. In my similar dual setup in the C172 and the Bonanza, the larger GTN 750 is recognized by the autopilot. Furthermore, Traffic is disabled on my C182 GTNs but it is usable on the GTN 750 in my other two aircraft.

Neither issue is a showstopper but I'd prefer to have similar functionality across all three aircraft. If someone has solved what I've described for the C182 I'd be interested in having your panel.cfg for that aircraft.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: RXP GTN 650+750 dual setup

Post by Skycat »

My several hours of unsuccessfully hacking and testing C182 panel file edits last night caused me to discover that Active Sky P3D actually includes the Active Sky XGauge that I know and love from AS16 (FSX). I now not only have a traffic visualization but also several weather visualizations.

If you use Active Sky P3D and you did not know about this panel, the default command to toggle it is CNTL+SHIFT+F11. You easily reassign the command in the AS P3D external GUI; click Options and expand General Options, then find "Hotkey for toggling XGauge window on/off."
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane”