Stock and 3rd Party Avionics Options

The jack of all trades and the world's most popular high performance GA aircraft
Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Stock and 3rd Party Avionics Options

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Lowflyer48 wrote:I realise that to all you advanced flyers out there it would be a retrograde step but having grown into the Garmin GPS 500 (FSX default GPS) can that unit be incorporated into the C182 and if so how is it done?
Yes its included by default via an in stack or mobile suction mounted option.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

stew
Airman First Class

Post by stew »

Hello, Gents.

For those who have installed any of the 3rd party GPS modules, what are the advantages of installing/using them compared to the C182's standard Garmin 400 used in conjunction with the moving map, Shft-5?

Thank you in advance for any advice.

Stew
ImageImage Image

Dreamsofwings
A2A Mechanic

Post by Dreamsofwings »

stew wrote:Hello, Gents.

For those who have installed any of the 3rd party GPS modules, what are the advantages of installing/using them compared to the C182's standard Garmin 400 used in conjunction with the moving map, Shft-5?

Stew
I would love to know answer to this too. Interested in adding a 3rd party option but then thinking is it really worth it? They look great but very expensive.

EDIT.....ok, curiosity got better of me and downloaded the Flight1 GTN 750 for my Skylane.......NOW I get it. :D

Dreamsofwings youtube channel https://m.youtube.com/c/Dreamsofwings
@dreamsofwings1 page on Facebook. Dreamsofwings1 on Instagram & Twitter

Earl
Airman

Post by Earl »

The GTN750 works well. Any chance for the Aspen 1000 to be included for the A2A 182?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Earl wrote:The GTN750 works well. Any chance for the Aspen 1000 to be included for the A2A 182?
Hello no plans for any Aspen avionics I am not sure if anyone has any for us to integrate at this time?

thanks,
Lewis

stew
Airman First Class

Post by stew »

robkr1208 wrote:
stew wrote:Hello, Gents.

Stew
I would love to know answer to this too. Interested in adding a 3rd party option but then thinking is it really worth it? They look great but very expensive.

EDIT.....ok, curiosity got better of me and downloaded the Flight1 GTN 750 for my Skylane.......NOW I get it. :D
Thanks for your advice. I went ahead and got the RXP G530. All that glass in the Skylane kind of spoils it for me. And the A2A moving map is still an outstanding feature, and I find more uses for it the more I fly (in both the Skylane and the Comanche).

Stew
ImageImage Image

awash2002
A2A ACE

Post by awash2002 »

I would like to see A2A do a G1000 for the 182 and 172 now that they come standard with the G1000

kityatyi
Airman

Post by kityatyi »

awash2002 wrote:I would like to see A2A do a G1000 for the 182 and 172 now that they come standard with the G1000
Same! That would be epic! A2A Cessna 172 and 182 with a "proper" Navigraph-powered G1000... a dream coming true!

Bellc09
Airman

Post by Bellc09 »

JetJockey wrote:Are any combos available?

1. For FSX - The Reality XP GNS530 and GNS430 or
2. For P3D - Flight1 GTN750 and GTN650

These are common combo in both real world and many add ons.

This combo of the GTN 750/650 in P3D would be my first choice of a full panel. (A cut and paste image)
Regards,

Ray
Wondering if there was any progress on this implementation? Still in the works? If so, is there any word on an ETA?
Image - Image - Image

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yes you can have both the 7 and 650 in the aircraft at the same time.

thanks,
Lewis

bobsk8
Technical Sergeant

Post by bobsk8 »

The GTN 650/750 is the Gold standard for GPS's It does everything well.
MSFS 2020
ATC by PF3

Bellc09
Airman

Post by Bellc09 »

Thanks Lewis, I might have missed the option then. I checked the included GPS installer and in game manager (shift 2) but didn't see the option. Did I miss something somewhere? I have both units installed on my computer and they work properly in the Duke.
Image - Image - Image

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Bellc09 wrote: I checked the included GPS installer and in game manager (shift 2) but didn't see the option. Did I miss something somewhere?
Sounds like the option for installing both GTN units was added after the initial release. Have you downloaded the latest Accu-Sim update? Also, by "included GPS installer" do you mean the "C182 Aircraft Configurator" which is available from the Windows Start Menu?

Thanks,
Nick

Bellc09
Airman

Post by Bellc09 »

Nick M wrote:
Bellc09 wrote: I checked the included GPS installer and in game manager (shift 2) but didn't see the option. Did I miss something somewhere?
Sounds like the option for installing both GTN units was added after the initial release. Have you downloaded the latest Accu-Sim update? Also, by "included GPS installer" do you mean the "C182 Aircraft Configurator" which is available from the Windows Start Menu?

Thanks,
Nick
Yes, I did mean the C182 Aircraft Configurartor, I was away form the PC and forgot its name. I also did not install the update after buying the C182, will do that now.

And there is it. That was the missing link. Thank you for your help, Nick. If I might make a suggestion, this additional configuration option might be added to the first post here to help alleviate some of the same mistake in the future. With a note about being included in whichever update it was in. Thanks.
Image - Image - Image

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're welcome! :) Yeah, I have to admit I sometimes feel A2A could make the requirement to download and run the Accu-Sim update a little more prominent for new customers and those that aren't forum regulars. Perhaps by including a 'readme' with the store download or by having the original installer prompt the user to do so.

Cheers,
Nick

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane”