Stock and 3rd Party Avionics Options

The jack of all trades and the world's most popular high performance GA aircraft
JetJockey
Airman First Class

Re: Stock and 3rd Party Avionics Options

Post by JetJockey »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Hey Ray,
Not with release but it's being looked into. If/when this is created it will be added via our Accu-sim updater.
Thanks,
Lewis
Thanks Lewis,

With the GTN combo both Com/Nav 1 and 2 are builtin to the two units so they will physically fit in the C182 panel.

Regards,

Ray
When Pigs Fly . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Ray Marshall

ryanbatc
Staff Sergeant

Post by ryanbatc »

And once F1 enables crossfill the 750/650 combo would be very beneficial. I never got the unlimited pack for RXP, but do own both the 530 and 430 in FSX. GTN in P3D.

Anyway really nice config options A2A, hope your 182 is selling well!

pjc747
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pjc747 »

Can the Garmin GNS 750 and 650 be put together in the stack? This is a common fitting in real life.

aero_edge
Airman

Post by aero_edge »

I would like to see integration with two Reality XP GNS systems as I usually fly with two. Ideally, it would be nice to have a 530 with a 430 below it (but I would even take two 430s). But it seems from the pictures of the cockpit that the C182 does have room for the 530/430 combo, do you think this would/could be made available, I would be very, very interested in this!

ockwellk
Airman

Post by ockwellk »

Great news Lewis, I will add the 650 when that happens.

Just getting used to the 750 and 182 at the moment. Just need the world database DVD for the Garmin though, as the lite version only has North/Central America.

I had the RXP unlimited in FSX with the Realair Duke and it was great.

tbaac
Technical Sergeant

Post by tbaac »

Hi Ockwellk, what country are you in? Have you found somewhere to buy the DVD from? It seems hard to get it outside the US (I'm in the UK).

I also read somewhere that you could use the RXP database with the Flight1 GTN750. Not sure how, but it would be handy having already paid for it once.

I'd been wondering who, other than simmers, would bother buying the full version of the Garmin 750 Trainer (DVD that contains the full database). I guess it could be used for trade fairs if someone wanted to show GPS in areas outside the US that badly.
ImageImageImage

MSFS, xplane 12.
5600x, 32GB ram, RX 6800XT, Windows 11.

ockwellk
Airman

Post by ockwellk »

Having the same problem. I'm in the Uk, so if I want the full database I need the full Trainer, not the lite version. The Flight1 site gives a link to the Garmin store but only for US, and $25 for the DVD. If you go to Garmin UK there is no option to buy online, but it lists retailers who so far don't offer the PC product. They keep trying to sell the complete unit with software to update on the PC, so I'm stuck at the moment using the 750 outside North America. Plenty to do in North America thanks to Orbx.

It would be nice to find an update, but it's early days at the moment.

For the RXP update the garmin site trainer software was updated, so you update the trainer on the pc, then copy the database to the FSX RXP folder.

bitchinbetty
Airman

Post by bitchinbetty »

The Garmin trainer DVD is normally given to clients who purchase the actual GTN to install in their aircraft.

To ship outside of the U.S. try using a freight forwarder such as myus.com, usgobuy or stakry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tbaac
Technical Sergeant

Post by tbaac »

I read another forum where someone said that they'd emailed whoever runs gps.co.uk asking about it and they'd agreed to import the trainer DVD to the UK for them. The total cost was about £33, which is a step up from $25 (its twice the price I think).

I was hoping somewhere might do it cheaper. Maybe if 2 or 3 of us order at once we'll get a massive discount on the import costs? :idea:
ImageImageImage

MSFS, xplane 12.
5600x, 32GB ram, RX 6800XT, Windows 11.

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

Request.

As I live in Denmark, I normally fly my collection on A2A aircraft in the European skies where we use hectopascals not inches of mercury.

Could you please give us the option to select our own altimeter?? I do realise you have modelled a specific aircraft on UA reg, but I use my A2A aircraft on VATSIM, and receive information regarding altimeter setting in HPa.

This of course goes for all of my A2A addons.(BTW I'm planning of buying more)
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

some1 - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by some1 - A2A »

If you switch the units to metric on the payload panel (Shift+4), then your alitmeter will also switch to hPa.

To switch the autopilot pressure units press and hold BARO button for 2 seconds.
Michael Krawczyk

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

some1 - A2A wrote:If you switch the units to metric on the payload panel (Shift+4), then your alitmeter will also switch to hPa.

To switch the autopilot pressure units press and hold BARO button for 2 seconds.
Nice!
All numbers on the performance charts are GPH so I must confess I never checked as I allways calculate fuel in gallons.
Must dig up my formulas and start doing calculations in litres...

Or maybe an option to switch it in the aircraft configurator?? that way you could have the best of both worlds

Anyway, thank you very much for the answer!
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

Tigerclaw
Technical Sergeant

Post by Tigerclaw »

ockwellk wrote:Having the same problem. I'm in the Uk, so if I want the full database I need the full Trainer, not the lite version. The Flight1 site gives a link to the Garmin store but only for US, and $25 for the DVD. If you go to Garmin UK there is no option to buy online, but it lists retailers who so far don't offer the PC product. They keep trying to sell the complete unit with software to update on the PC, so I'm stuck at the moment using the 750 outside North America. Plenty to do in North America thanks to Orbx.

I got my GTN DVD from here:

Adams Aviation
Mercury House,
Vulcan way,
New Addington,
Croydon,
CR0 9UG
01689 842 999

Just give them a call and they will order it for you. It does take a few weeks, but they are pretty cheap at £15.15 +postage of course. Prices may vary though.

Hope this helps for the UK Guys.
Tony (That's all your getting, like it or lump it)

MSFS i7-7700 Kaby Lake CPU @ 3.60 GHz, 3601 Mhz, 4 Cores (Liquid cooled) Gigabyte B250M-DS3H-CF M/Board 32 Gig DDR4 Ram Nvidia GTX 1080ti 11GB GDDR 5 Win 10 Home Acer Predator XB271HU.

hjsmuc
Airman Basic

Post by hjsmuc »

Can I trade in my Cherokee for the 182?

Seriously, guys can you bring the GTN support for the Cherokee as well. Not that I am not seriously contemplating buying the 182 but the support for this damned unit for my hangar is of importance for me.

Call me a lazy pilot, that's fine.....
Last edited by hjsmuc on 26 Nov 2014, 03:42, edited 1 time in total.

Spiderschwein
Airman Basic

Post by Spiderschwein »

I installed the F1 GTN into my Skylane today and noticed that it is connected to the Battery Master Sw and not to the Avionic Master. Is this correct and realistic?
I also noticed that the stock Audio Panel is still there, shouldn´t the GTN integrated Audio Panel replace the stock one?
Happy landings,
Kim

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane”