Accu-sim 182 Skylane 18-Minute First Look (VIDEO)

The jack of all trades and the world's most popular high performance GA aircraft
Mike62
Airman First Class

Re: Accu-sim 182 Skylane 18-Minute First Look (VIDEO)

Post by Mike62 »

molleh wrote:A2A do have a history of releasing products on US holidays. I think the past several products launched on Memorial Day or Labor Day, so we shall see :)

When A2A puts the manual up to download than you know it is close.

Mike

Flightmasta1
Airman Basic

Post by Flightmasta1 »

Ok, first of all the A2A team does a bang up job. If there is anything noticable, it is the fidelity loss when looking at the sim panel on vid or screenshot vs actually in sim. The gauges are fine. Are they gauges that you feel you can run your finger around the edge? Maybe not but when you look at all of the simulations going into this and still keeping it viable on less than a super computer, I think the textures are top notch. Again, from in sim they look absolutely fantastic. I would rather have the A2A panel than a fancy Carenado G1000 that doesn't function and kills the framerates. It is a trade off I can live with.
AGAIN, I never said they don't do a good job! I have the A2A 172 and LOVE it, A2A puts a realism factor that no one else does with their walk around, real wear n tear, maintenance etc etc. Im just pointing out something that can be improved, I know A2A can do what I'm saying, and no it won't affect frame rates at all or very minimal. The gauges and the very clear windows ( should add some scratches, reflection off the top of the panel, bug marks, some grey around the edges of the windows etc. ) are the only things that bothered me in the A2A C172. So I'm just suggesting they improve it. I want Flight Simulation to be the best it can be so in order to do that we all need to be open to suggestions and critiques.

ilya1502
Staff Sergeant

Post by ilya1502 »

Bruce Hamilton wrote:
ilya1502 wrote:Scott, but this is a rather old Skylane! Definitely, neither 182S nor T.
Jeez Louise, it's a picture of leather seats... What difference does it make what airplane it is?
Then why aren't you satisfied with flying Carenado planes or even the old kind Fly! simulator? It had lots of things to do with the instruments. It is about immersion and thoroughness, right? That's what we love A2A products for. I don't question the latter, but this interior in the 182T is an obvious discrepancy.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

ilya1502 wrote:but this interior in the 182T is an obvious discrepancy.
Please remember the custom interior market, it's a multi-billion dollar
Industry. Also please remember that the 182 is the worlds most popular high performance GA aircraft. The private owners buying new even direct from Cessna get a wide range of options. It's exactly the same with modern luxury cars and even all cars these days come with a shed load of options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

ilya1502
Staff Sergeant

Post by ilya1502 »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Please remember the custom interior market, it's a multi-billion dollar
Industry. Also please remember that the 182 is the worlds most popular high performance GA aircraft. The private owners buying new even direct from Cessna get a wide range of options. It's exactly the same with modern luxury cars and even all cars these days come with a shed load of options.
Do you mean A2A is not going to make a stock interior option? :?

Tim-HH
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tim-HH »

Well, lets wait and see :) Scott already said that the model in the video does not show the final interior:
Scott - A2A wrote:We initially flight tested two S models and you are seeing some of that remaining trim before it was upgraded to a T model (there are a bunch of other things that are different in the current model than the video). Wait for the final screens and product as all of the plastic trim pieces are there.
Greetings
Tim
Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

Scott - A2A wrote:And speaking of plastic, I'm not a fan of it in airplanes and replace it with something better where I can :)

Scott.
Especially since aircraft plastics tend to be of rather bad quality, at least traditionally. Modern cars have way better quality interiors even if they are made for 10 year lifespan! Airplane interior panels are usually just thin, hard plastic screwed in place from corners. And often they are 20-30 years old. Those interior modifications (technically they should be handled as any other airplane modification, with traceable materials and work!) that I've seen are certainly improvement over the factory standard. There are some really cozy Pipers out there! :)
Lewis - A2A wrote:Please remember the custom interior market, it's a multi-billion dollar
The 182 models that I'm most familiar with are probably P and Q series, late 70ies or so. I don't think I've ever seen S or T series up close, but looking from pictures and some manuals, I kind of share the concern of the posters that point out the preview interior makes more sense if it was from the older series. Not the styling in particular, because as you've said, they vary and may be further modified by owners. But a few minor things suggest that the 'skeleton' of the airplane is from the older model - for example, the T model seems to be equipped in factory standard with extra pair of fresh air vents. In this picture, you can almost visualize the hose/duct running down from the wing root to those vents behind that trim panel. (In pre-S/N #0944 or so the vents seem to be positioned a bit lower, under the window instead of the frame.) I don't think it makes much sense to remove those in interior facelift. Also, usually even modified interiors have their trim panel attachments co-located with OEM interior, though I understand there are some exceptions. After a brief study, I agree that some bits of the interior give somewhat confused feel, as if the 'blueprint', or "skeleton" as I worded it earlier, was from earlier model, perhaps Q or so, and the T-model artwork was created on top of that. Not sure if that's the case though, and I do not intent to state this as my conclusion of any kind!

In no way do I intent to criticize unfinished artwork (which this truly is!), or judge your choices. :) Instead, after some thinking and studying, I add my entry to this spinoff discussion just to show my agreement that those who spotted this...well, discrepancy, even if that were an overstatement, did rise a good point. Keep up the great work, I certainly feel that we've got another winner here in the final!

-Esa

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

AKar wrote:
........I certainly feel that we've got another winner here in the final!

-Esa

I hope it's on short final! I've worked my way through almost all the F-buttons, having to reconfigure the "update page shortcut" from F5 to its neighbours when that button failed. I might need a new keyboard soon... :-P
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

taildraggin68
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by taildraggin68 »

Yep my mouse knows which button to hit in the bookmarks before I do :shock:

As far as the interior thingy/discussion goes.....

Remember the Cherokee? Some liked the preview, some did not.....complaints here and there.......but then she came out and there was two weeks of oohs and aahhhs and deplaced keyboards from too much drool.

The C172...A lot of complaints about the "Boring interior" "Plastic feel" "No life" kind of comments?

So Scott has said that the original was an S model but changed to a T and the video reflected the S and not the changes up to the T...............so my question is why cannot we let them release this and see what goodies we get?

Besides the repaint thread is going to be full of requests for leather seats and junk anyway :D 8)

CODY614
Senior Airman

Post by CODY614 »

taildraggin68 wrote:Yep my mouse knows which button to hit in the bookmarks before I do :shock:

As far as the interior thingy/discussion goes.....

Remember the Cherokee? Some liked the preview, some did not.....complaints here and there.......but then she came out and there was two weeks of oohs and aahhhs and deplaced keyboards from too much drool.

The C172...A lot of complaints about the "Boring interior" "Plastic feel" "No life" kind of comments?

So Scott has said that the original was an S model but changed to a T and the video reflected the S and not the changes up to the T...............so my question is why cannot we let them release this and see what goodies we get?

Besides the repaint thread is going to be full of requests for leather seats and junk anyway :D 8)
I agree....
Pic below kind a sums it up...Imagine life without A2A..........................................

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

taildraggin68 wrote:As far as the interior thingy/discussion goes.....

This is something I completely agree, and that's why I actually had to study some material through before I wrote my comment earlier. :) Many things are matter of taste: both Cherokee and 172 were quite realistic in looks. And I very much like the interior styling in the preview videos of Skylane too.

But this discussion relates more to whether or not the interior in the preview video (not implying the final product) matches the airplane it is modeled after; the 182T. I'm all in on putting as much of artistic license in to the product as appropriate, that's why I don't usually comment on aesthetics unless I specifically like them! :) But as I buy these excellent Accusim products as an examples of 'study sim', I wish to, well, literally study and either support, or correct and back up with my thoughts the points that come up by observant eyes around here. At this point, I kind of agree with those saying that the cockpit interior modeling, especially around and under the a-pillars as it is said in the automobile world, appears to be somewhat less prototypical than usually is the case with A2A, representing somewhat of a mix of design features in between the models.

But then again, whether the team agrees with the point of view or not, I'm very much looking for the eventual release, and got no reason to doubt that this wouldn't be even deeper product, continuing the trend, and surely hope it will get out for Christmas at least! :)

-Esa

Molly - A2A
A2A Major

Post by Molly - A2A »

Just thought I would add my 2 cents:

I would rather have the interior match up exactly with what a new 182T comes from the factory with. As someone already mentioned, it makes sense for classic/vintage product to have a custom aftermarket interior (as the original one was worn out) but you almost never see them in a new aircraft like this. Yes, for the "money is no object" types I'm sure there are some exceptions where a brand new aircraft is immediately sent to a shop to be customized, but that is no doubt very much the exception to the rule.

This is all purely cosmetic, by the way. I have no doubt in the quality of A2A/Michal Puto's modelling skills.

jeepinforfun
Technical Sergeant

Post by jeepinforfun »

I am wondering if this is the last time we get a preview video. :lol:
Take care, Brett

SWLights/AccuFeel/Cub/Mustang/Skyhawk/Cherokee/Skylane/Comanche/Thunderbolt/Spitfire/FlyingFortress/Stratocruiser

Peter Er
Airman

Post by Peter Er »

jeepinforfun wrote: I am wondering if this is the last time we get a preview video. :lol:
next time it will be just a day or two, I think :wink:
Best Regards

Peter

jeepinforfun
Technical Sergeant

Post by jeepinforfun »

I have a question about the Takeoff Acceleration 0-60mph chart in the video. I must be looking at it wrong and can't seem to correct it in my brain. If the C182 is faster, shouldn't it reach 60mph in less seconds than the C172?
Take care, Brett

SWLights/AccuFeel/Cub/Mustang/Skyhawk/Cherokee/Skylane/Comanche/Thunderbolt/Spitfire/FlyingFortress/Stratocruiser

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane”