Accu-sim 182 Skylane 18-Minute First Look (VIDEO)

The jack of all trades and the world's most popular high performance GA aircraft
jerry812
Airman Basic

Re: Accu-sim 182 Skylane 18-Minute First Look (VIDEO)

Post by jerry812 »

When will the Cessna 182 become available for purchase? I have many hours in the 182 and 182RG and would like to fly it on my computer. In the late '60's and early '70's I was an instructor out of Denver and did a good deal of mountain flying in this aircraft.

Tim-HH
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tim-HH »

Scott - A2A wrote:Tim,

I appreciate your eye and comments, but since A2A promo vids take so long to make, virtually every one is from an earlier model in development - this is the nature of the beast. We initially flight tested two S models and you are seeing some of that remaining trim before it was upgraded to a T model (there are a bunch of other things that are different in the current model than the video). Wait for the final screens and product as all of the plastic trim pieces are there.

And speaking of plastic, I'm not a fan of it in airplanes and replace it with something better where I can :)

Scott.
Thanks a lot, Scott! I'm looking forward to the final screenshots and the release of the C182T :)

Greetings
Tim
Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

tbaac
Technical Sergeant

Post by tbaac »

tbaac wrote: ...
Could we have some way of doing the walkaround at night please? Last time I tried it on one of the other models I couldn't see anything.

Thank you :)
Hi sorry, I wrote this at work earlier. Unless I'm missing something then its hard to do a walkaround at night. Presumably if you had to do it in the real world you'd use a decent torch. Ideally you'd avoid doing it at all I'd imagine.

As this is a simulation, could you consider adding into a future Accusim update a checkbox to display a framework with a few of lights on it please? (Similar to how the external power supplies and tie-downs appear).

The lights mounted on the framework would light the exterior of the plane for the walkaround. The closeups of hinges etc. would stay unchanged obviously.

When I get home from work at this time of year its dark. If I fly with real time and weather then I can't do the walkaround so have to either open the maintenance hangar or to trust me luck.

Thank you.
ImageImageImage

MSFS, xplane 12.
5600x, 32GB ram, RX 6800XT, Windows 11.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

For nighttime inspections, I think a solution would be to use an alternate set of closeup pictures taken at night where a light is shining on them. The aircraft itself would remain dark as that would be realistic.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Stormpaw
Airman

Post by Stormpaw »

Scott - A2A wrote: And speaking of plastic, I'm not a fan of it in airplanes and replace it with something better where I can :)

Scott.
I agree completely. It is good to hear I am not the only one.

tbaac
Technical Sergeant

Post by tbaac »

Oracle427 wrote:For nighttime inspections, I think a solution would be to use an alternate set of closeup pictures taken at night where a light is shining on them. The aircraft itself would remain dark as that would be realistic.
I'm not sure about that. It would be realistic to waggle the key in the baggage compartment lock, or to look for movement in the flaps without actually being able to see either of them? I'm not so sure.

If I wanted to look under the bonnet of my car at night I'd use a torch. I assume I'd do the same with a plane unless better lighting was available.
ImageImageImage

MSFS, xplane 12.

Stormpaw
Airman

Post by Stormpaw »

Yes, a light is definitely required equipment for preflighting at night.

My instructor told me I was the first student he ever had that actually thought to bring a light for the first night flight. Usually, they would stand around confused trying to figure out what to do until he let them off the hook and gave them his light. :mrgreen:

ilya1502
Staff Sergeant

Post by ilya1502 »

Scott - A2A wrote:Custom aircraft interiors is a huge market, and aircraft have all kinds of different seats. Both my Warrior and Comanche have custom made seats.

Here's a shot of the actual interior we liked and chose to model:
Scott.
Scott, but this is a rather old Skylane! Definitely, neither 182S nor T.

tbaac
Technical Sergeant

Post by tbaac »

Nice story Stormpaw. :D

I just thought that A2A know quite a lot about lighting in FSX and could put together a few floodlights on a metal framework quite easily. But I don't know the inner workings of A2A's software and it might be a lot harder than I'd imagined.

Its not vital, but as with the recently-added tow hook I think it would be a nice-to-have that helps keep the realism in a give situation.

Thanks again.
ImageImageImage

MSFS, xplane 12.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

tbaac wrote:
Oracle427 wrote:For nighttime inspections, I think a solution would be to use an alternate set of closeup pictures taken at night where a light is shining on them. The aircraft itself would remain dark as that would be realistic.
I'm not sure about that. It would be realistic to waggle the key in the baggage compartment lock, or to look for movement in the flaps without actually being able to see either of them? I'm not so sure.

If I wanted to look under the bonnet of my car at night I'd use a torch. I assume I'd do the same with a plane unless better lighting was available.
What I meant was that the close up inspection item pictures would be lit up just like one would shine their light on the hinges or cables, static ports, etc. One generally doesn't wave their light over every square inch of the airplane though one should to look it over as much as possible for dents, damaged rivets.

We must also consider the limitations of the simulator and what is being simulated. We aren't looking for missing inspection plates, cracked wingtip fairings, buckled panels, smoking rivets...

If all the key inspection points are lit up that would cover the sim bases IMHO.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Bruce Hamilton
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Bruce Hamilton »

ilya1502 wrote:Scott, but this is a rather old Skylane! Definitely, neither 182S nor T.
Jeez Louise, it's a picture of leather seats... What difference does it make what airplane it is?

taildraggin68
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by taildraggin68 »

If I had the option to have a one of a kind interior for my plane to keep it from being just like every other plane of the same type you could bet that I would....the pic above is of a C152 custom leather interior....makes it whole different feeling airplane....what the A2A team has done with providing a custom interior, is the ability to add some class to the airplane after all of the fuss over the "bland" 172 interior. So bring on the custom and let the repaints begin :D

Al FR-153
Technical Sergeant

Post by Al FR-153 »

taildraggin68 wrote:Image

If I had the option to have a one of a kind interior for my plane to keep it from being just like every other plane of the same type you could bet that I would....the pic above is of a C152 custom leather interior....makes it whole different feeling airplane....what the A2A team has done with providing a custom interior, is the ability to add some class to the airplane after all of the fuss over the "bland" 172 interior. So bring on the custom and let the repaints begin :D
Having done a couple of interiors, I can tell you there are limitations on what can and cannot be done. Personally, I would like to get some good photos of real upholstery grade leather before it has been made into a chair/seat etc. That is not an easy find, but to maintain the quality that an A2A plane deserves, is really needed. In addition, the 3D form of the seats, limits changes. We will have to see what the 182T has to offer.
Al Heline

Image Image Image Image Image Image

gdzukowski
Airman First Class

Post by gdzukowski »

I will be happy with whatever interior comes in the 182T. I do drool over the visuals of A2A planes but everything inside is what I really wait for. Veteran's Day is tomorrow in the US so we possibly might see some development?

Daniel

Molly - A2A
A2A Major

Post by Molly - A2A »

A2A do have a history of releasing products on US holidays. I think the past several products launched on Memorial Day or Labor Day, so we shall see :)

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane”