Accu-sim 182 Skylane 18-Minute First Look (VIDEO)

The jack of all trades and the world's most popular high performance GA aircraft
new reply
Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Accu-sim 182 Skylane 18-Minute First Look (VIDEO)

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello everyone,

We are proud to announce the next Accu-sim aircraft, the Accu-sim C182 Skylane (coming soon). Along with the release of this new aircraft, the world's most advanced flight simulation technology is about to get even better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw4gWmXwD-I

Being our first high performance GA aircraft, we've focused in the following areas:

230 hp Lycoming 540 6-cylinder engine
In real life a pilot needs a high performance endorsement from an instructor before being allowed to fly an aircraft with over 200 horsepower as pilot in command. This is because with greater power, comes additional challenges including higher torque and speed. This means the pilot needs to learn how to counter the engine's higher torque and the propeller's higher pfactor (stronger right rudder application). This engine is 50% larger than engines commonly fitted in smaller GA planes, so the pilot moving up from a smaller aircraft to the Skylane must learn to apply power more judiciously (no just throwing the throttle full forward and leaving it there).

Advanced Propellers
With recent extensive experience with various propellers in the real world, we have had to push our technology further into into new areas. This means, for the first time in a simulation, you will experience the same real world differences between different propeller types. Propeller technology is a very big subject and one we look forward to further discussing with the community.

More Power, More Heat
We've expanded Accu-Sim deeper into the internals of the engine combustion chambers, so the pilot will learn to use all means of engine heat management available, including airspeed, cowl flap settings, engine RPM, and mixture.

The Art Of Cruising
All the above means there are techniques used only in the real world, that for the first time are available in a flight simulation. Lower RPM / higher manifold pressure engine efficiencies are modeled, allowing the pilot to increase both speed and economy at the same time. This is a lively debate among both pilots and mechanics, and will now be relevant in our flight simulation community.

Hand Towing
This brand new feature turns your stick or yoke into a tow bar, allowing you to push and pull the plane around realistically.

Sound Driven By Physics
We've taken this even further allowing users to experience improved engine groans, airframe rattles, ground handling, and more. The new physics mentioned above ties into the sound and vibration engine, allowing you will feel the prop cutting into the air like never before.

Native 3rd Party Avionics Support
Built in support for the RealityXP GNS430 and GNS530, Flight1 GTN650 and GTN750, and Mindstar GNS430 and GNS530.

There is so much more to this plane and we can't wait to watch the community experience it for the first time.

INDEPENDENT 3RD PARTY VIDEOS

Froogle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUF4GIzujy8

Thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

taildraggin68
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Accu-sim 182 Skylane 18-Minute First Look (VIDEO)

Post by taildraggin68 »

:D Take my money already :D

davenicoll
Airman First Class

Post by davenicoll »

Excellent news.....

Gret to be able to mix the traditional gauges with modern technology.

Looks like a2a will raise the bar.....again.

Dave

CafeRacer500
Senior Airman

Post by CafeRacer500 »

Nice! My credit card is ready :D

chadryan
Senior Airman

Post by chadryan »

So excited!!!!

JoeS475
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by JoeS475 »

Wow, great job A2A... Didn't see this coming as the next GA! Looking forward to it!

Joe
Joe

Obi
Airman

Post by Obi »

Thants realy AWSOME!

I never was a big fan ob the 182 but this thing looking kick ass!!

You talking about Bush Plane attitude in the Video. Will we get it with Bushweels?

like this
http://cessnaottawa2nairobi.islandnet.c ... C_0007.jpg
And will the 172 get the Towbar too? I love this feature! And the Cub already hat a tow option
ImageImageImage Image
ImageImageImage Image

Sascha84
Airman Basic

Post by Sascha84 »

This looks like another great plane from you, guys. Can't wait to get it and fly it!

Thanks for the nice preview-video!
Regards,

Sascha

Mazo
Technical Sergeant

Post by Mazo »

All right, A2A! This is an instant purchase as this is the model that I have the most hours in as a "working" passenger in my friends C182RG! I got to be the unofficial pilot when we would fly. Great memories. :lol:

Thanks! :D
Last edited by Mazo on 05 Nov 2014, 11:07, edited 1 time in total.
[*]2021 Jetline Systems GTX, [email protected], EVGA RTX 3080ti 12GB, 64GB Memory 3200MHz, Win11 64 Pro, P3DV5.3, FS2020

In memory of my fallen Brothers in Arms in Viet Nam - may they Rest in Peace.

Fabo
Airman First Class

Post by Fabo »

:( Oh no, not a boring, stupid Cessna again... how about those Piper mods you talked about back when?

taildraggin68
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by taildraggin68 »

Just a question Scott, since you referred to the Skylane as "A bush plane at heart" numerous times, are we going to be able to see this mod?

Looks really good A2A, was not expecting another high wing, but I'm happy with the choice :D

davenicoll
Airman First Class

Post by davenicoll »

Just a quick little request...

Please can we have a GB registration...

Dave

Roadburner426
Technical Sergeant

Post by Roadburner426 »

Glad I skipped the 172 as this seems like a high wing right up my alley. Hopefully the paint job in the video is one of the included ones as I like that one a lot. May not even have to seek out repaints for this one. Can't wait to do some checking out of sceneries with it as it has been difficult with the WWII fighters and Cherokee to get any good downward visibility, and it has plenty of power to boot.
S. Jordan
AM; United States Navy
FSX/P3Dc4 Hours: 3100 and counting! All A2A birds in the hangar except the 172.

spadjockey
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by spadjockey »

Last edited by spadjockey on 15 Nov 2014, 16:49, edited 1 time in total.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Taildraggin,

We don't have those tundra tires atm but are open to looking into this as something post release, as it looks like a nice option for this airframe.

As for the paints, yes, there are four different ones included, each in a different color (white, red, blue, and green). It took quite a long time choosing these, and we're very happy with them. As always, we'll have a nice paintkit.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane”