Accu-sim 182 Skylane 18-Minute First Look (VIDEO)

The jack of all trades and the world's most popular high performance GA aircraft
AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Re: Accu-sim 182 Skylane 18-Minute First Look (VIDEO)

Post by AKar »

jeepinforfun wrote:I have a question about the Takeoff Acceleration 0-60mph chart in the video. I must be looking at it wrong and can't seem to correct it in my brain. If the C182 is faster, shouldn't it reach 60mph in less seconds than the C172?
It's not 0-60 chart, but mph/sec chart. Kind of inverse. :) It shows about 4.1 mph/s for 172 and 5.7 mph/s for 182, translating to 0-60 mph times of about 14,6 s and 10,5 s respectively. Probably the chart title means that it is measured over the time it takes from standstill to 60 mph.

-Esa
Last edited by AKar on 11 Nov 2014, 13:21, edited 1 time in total.

Dooga
Staff Sergeant

Post by Dooga »

jeepinforfun wrote:I have a question about the Takeoff Acceleration 0-60mph chart in the video. I must be looking at it wrong and can't seem to correct it in my brain. If the C182 is faster, shouldn't it reach 60mph in less seconds than the C172?
Weight?

jeepinforfun
Technical Sergeant

Post by jeepinforfun »

Thanks a bunch, it has finally fallen into place, brain fart has cleared. :lol: Thanks for the reply, the technical explanations here are first rate.
Take care, Brett

SWLights/AccuFeel/Cub/Mustang/Skyhawk/Cherokee/Skylane/Comanche/Thunderbolt/Spitfire/FlyingFortress/Stratocruiser

Dooga
Staff Sergeant

Post by Dooga »

jeepinforfun wrote:Thanks a bunch, it has finally fallen into place, brain fart has cleared. :lol: Thanks for the reply, the technical explanations here are first rate.
No sweat ;-)

A 80hp Caterham will accelerate faster than most cars with thrice the power (or the other way round, coming from your question)...

CafeRacer500
Senior Airman

Post by CafeRacer500 »

Just bought a slightly used Skylane in FSEconomy and want to go fly it 8)

N5039H
Airman First Class

Post by N5039H »

CafeRacer500 wrote:Just bought a slightly used Skylane in FSEconomy and want to go fly it 8)

Allready have one leased just waiting for the release of the 182.Then i have to fly it to my local airport KMDQ, Then might shoot for across the pond with it.

Stephan
Airman First Class

Post by Stephan »

Stephan wrote:
Stephan wrote:It's going to be amazing no doubt but I have to be honest it will feel too much of the same for me if there's no glass cockpit. I understand the performance is much higher than the 172 but isn't this the opportunity to bring an accusim G1000? Is that something you guys plan?
A2A awkward silence on this makes me think the glass cockpit isn't planned. Still guys, would you mind giving your official stance on this?

Third time is the charm. So far I bought the following aircrafts from you guys:

Piper Cub
Piper Cherokee
Cessna 172
B17
Spitfire
P51 civilian

Might not seem a lot but it's quite a bit of money I invested of my hard earned cash. I think you guys do a terrific job and it's my pleasure to support you. So I was kinda hoping not to get the silent treatment in response to my question about the glass cockpit.
I understand you guys are busy but you seem available to answer pretty much everyone else. Here I'm not complaining about the lack of a glass cockpit. I was just wondering if there was a plan to develop one, and if not maybe a little insight about the rationale? Being ignored isn't what I was expecting from A2A.

Thanks
B377 / B-17 / Spitfire / P-51 Civilian / Piper J-3 Cub / C172 / C182 / Cherokee / Comanche / Avro 504k / F4U Corsair / BF109

taildraggin68
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by taildraggin68 »

Stephan wrote:
Stephan wrote:
Stephan wrote:It's going to be amazing no doubt but I have to be honest it will feel too much of the same for me if there's no glass cockpit. I understand the performance is much higher than the 172 but isn't this the opportunity to bring an accusim G1000? Is that something you guys plan?
A2A awkward silence on this makes me think the glass cockpit isn't planned. Still guys, would you mind giving your official stance on this?

Third time is the charm. So far I bought the following aircrafts from you guys:

Piper Cub
Piper Cherokee
Cessna 172
B17
Spitfire
P51 civilian

Might not seem a lot but it's quite a bit of money I invested of my hard earned cash. I think you guys do a terrific job and it's my pleasure to support you. So I was kinda hoping not to get the silent treatment in response to my question about the glass cockpit.
I understand you guys are busy but you seem available to answer pretty much everyone else. Here I'm not complaining about the lack of a glass cockpit. I was just wondering if there was a plan to develop one, and if not maybe a little insight about the rationale? Being ignored isn't what I was expecting from A2A.

Thanks
check out the interview...Scott does elude to developing more complex avionics..would be a while I'm sure....http://www.a2asimulations.com/forum/vie ... 23&t=42906

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Stephen,

Sorry I missed your post. No plans for a glass cockpit at the moment, it would require the same amount of work it takes to create an aircraft in itself. To help glasscockpit users we have a wide range of third party integration options including the new GTN units simulated from Flight1.

As always though things change so there is no set in stone until at least Beta time on a given project.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

n454mw
Staff Sergeant

Post by n454mw »

Wow, I stepped away from my computer for a couple of days and came back to this. I can't wait until this is released.
Mark
Thanks Mark

Stephan
Airman First Class

Post by Stephan »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Hello Stephen,

Sorry I missed your post. No plans for a glass cockpit at the moment, it would require the same amount of work it takes to create an aircraft in itself. To help glasscockpit users we have a wide range of third party integration options including the new GTN units simulated from Flight1.

As always though things change so there is no set in stone until at least Beta time on a given project.

thanks,
Lewis

Thanks for your answer, Lewis. I completely understand. I also figured that maybe a glass cockpit would have too much negative impact on performance on lower end computers?
Still a gorgeous aircraft.
B377 / B-17 / Spitfire / P-51 Civilian / Piper J-3 Cub / C172 / C182 / Cherokee / Comanche / Avro 504k / F4U Corsair / BF109

killshot1
Airman

Post by killshot1 »

Great video and info. The details are super

killshot1

EightyFiftyFive
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by EightyFiftyFive »

So is this plane a 182T, TC or just a 182. I only see it listed in the manual as a 182 but in the very beginning of the video it says 182T
I need to know for sure to finish my repaint.

Thanks
~A~
Some of my repaint work (screens only)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/121556714@N07/albums

taildraggin68
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by taildraggin68 »

EightyFiftyFive wrote:So is this plane a 182T, TC or just a 182. I only see it listed in the manual as a 182 but in the very beginning of the video it says 182T
I need to know for sure to finish my repaint.

Thanks
~A~

Alan, it's a 182T, normally aspirated , not to be confused with the T182T turbocharged version :D

EightyFiftyFive
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by EightyFiftyFive »

OK so whats the T mean? I thought it was for Turbo but then usually that would be TC right? I just need to get it right for my repaint is all.
Some of my repaint work (screens only)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/121556714@N07/albums

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane”