Accu-sim 182 Skylane 18-Minute First Look (VIDEO)

The jack of all trades and the world's most popular high performance GA aircraft
Mig_Driver
Staff Sergeant

Re: Accu-sim 182 Skylane 18-Minute First Look (VIDEO)

Post by Mig_Driver »

I would like to re-hash my livery begging for the 182Q I had actual yoke time in...

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 45#p273356

Sure, it's a two-blade and a 60's model, but hey, if anyone can do that livery... my skills as an artist are nil. Mass specs, inductively coupled plasma and atomic absorption spectrometers yes, but artwork no.
ALL THE A2A PLANES!!!

zazaboeing
Senior Airman

Post by zazaboeing »

What a birthday gift!!

Tow feature + HSI option + real prop governor sound and physics + GTN option + everything else =
SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!!

A2A + ORBX has really bring me back to flightsim! As real as it seems redefined !

DC3
Technical Sergeant

Post by DC3 »

Where do I mail my wallet to?

Alfredson007
Technical Sergeant

Post by Alfredson007 »

I already googled for C182T manual to see the differences on V-speeds compared to 172 ...

Found this... http://axenty.com/resources/PIM/C182T%2 ... 20III).pdf .. which to me seems like your standard Cessna POH as usual...

But on many cases it should read "flaps UP" it says "LIP" ... :D Woot? LIP? Did the guy who wrote the manual accidentally read U as in LI? or am i missing something :)

yendor1
Airman Basic

Post by yendor1 »

Wow....!!! Great news! Beautiful aircraft! Looking forward to yet another A2A masterpiece.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

k1fox
Airman Basic

Post by k1fox »

A2A guys you must be overwhelmed by the support this soon to be released project has been getting. Its like the entire flightsim community coming together in excitement. Just imagine this being released for Black Friday and seeing thousands of flight simmers rushing in like when Walmart or Macy's pull the door lol.

ft
Staff Sergeant

Post by ft »

Bruce Hamilton wrote:More like Empty-Wallet :lol:
Which is an accurate simulation of what aviation does to your wallet. ;)
Be warned: Aero engineer, real life pilot, sim programmer. Nothing good can come out of that.

Roadburner426
Technical Sergeant

Post by Roadburner426 »

I expect the servers for the forum and store to get overloaded again. I wound up waiting a few days on the Cherokee when people were reporting slow download speeds. I am going to have to taper my excitement again this time and wait at least the rush during the first 24 hours. :lol:
S. Jordan
AM; United States Navy
FSX/P3Dc4 Hours: 3100 and counting! All A2A birds in the hangar except the 172.

ClipperLuna
Technical Sergeant

Post by ClipperLuna »

Dooga wrote:
taildraggin68 wrote:It doesn't :D say anything about turbo but the vid does state the model is a 182 T.
The T is just a model variant/iteration, like L, M, N or P. Turbo models are called T182 (T before the numbers, not after).
The T kind of confused me too at first. I thought "ah, there's a letter T in the designation therefore it has a turbocharger." Maybe Cessna should have called the non-turbo version the 182U?
pilottj wrote:Will this 182 have oxygen onboard? With that IO-540..even non turbo'd should be able to reach the upper teens. If you fly around the western and Rockies US areas, the MEAs usually very high, most in suppl. oxygen range.

Cheers
TJ
I was wondering the same thing about oxygen. I make a lot of trips over the Cascades and Bitterroots, so being able to get that much higher would be welcome.

taildraggin68
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by taildraggin68 »

It does not show oxygen on the shift-3 menu in the video, but maybe somewhere else clickable? Please :D

Bruce Hamilton
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Bruce Hamilton »

Scott took the real one up to 12/5 without oxygen, how much higher you planning to go? You're generally safe from hypoxia under 15K.

Flightmasta1
Airman Basic

Post by Flightmasta1 »

Im not just trying to put this plane or A2A down I'm simply trying to get it so they can put out the best plane they can. Im fly these planes a ton and I'm sure a lot of you do as well so you should know what Im saying. Take a look again at these two pictures, you can see how the A2A gauges look 2D because of the plasticy look when light is reflecting. Also it doesn't look like the gauges are as far back or don't have as much depth as the real C182. Also the panel colour is a bit lighter but w/e. Just take like 30 seconds and really look at the differences and you'll see what I mean.

The forum has reached the attachment quota but just search a picture of a 182 panel and this one and just look at it.

CrownCityMisfit
Senior Airman

Post by CrownCityMisfit »

10900k | 3090 | Win10 | C4D | Adobe Suite | Cinema 4D | Unity
MSFS |The Skypark | Orbx | Milviz | PMDG | anxiously waiting for A2A
Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | CH Pro Pedals |Stream Deck XL

Great Ozzie
A2A Test Pilot

Post by Great Ozzie »

Bruce Hamilton wrote:Scott took the real one up to 12/5 without oxygen, how much higher you planning to go? You're generally safe from hypoxia under 15K.
Hey Bruce,

U.S. Oxygen regs for Part 91 (typical GA flight) between 12,500 & 14,000 required after 30 minutes - or above 14,000 required continuously.

For Part 135 (air taxi) between 10,000 & 12,000 required after 30 minutes or above 12,000 required continuously.

For optimum protection, pilots are encouraged to use supplemental oxygen above 10,000 feet during the day, and above 5,000 feet at night. (AIM 4/3/14: 8−1−4 Fitness for Flight)

-Rob
Rob Osborne
Flight Instructor - CFI, CFII, MEI, MEII
A & P Mechanic

FAASTeam - Safer Skies Through Education
Professionalism in aviation is the pursuit of excellence through discipline, ethical behavior and continuous improvement. NBAA

taildraggin68
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by taildraggin68 »

Flightmasta1 wrote:Im not just trying to put this plane or A2A down I'm simply trying to get it so they can put out the best plane they can. Im fly these planes a ton and I'm sure a lot of you do as well so you should know what Im saying. Take a look again at these two pictures, you can see how the A2A gauges look 2D because of the plasticy look when light is reflecting. Also it doesn't look like the gauges are as far back or don't have as much depth as the real C182. Also the panel colour is a bit lighter but w/e. Just take like 30 seconds and really look at the differences and you'll see what I mean.

The forum has reached the attachment quota but just search a picture of a 182 panel and this one and just look at it.
Ok, first of all the A2A team does a bang up job. If there is anything noticable, it is the fidelity loss when looking at the sim panel on vid or screenshot vs actually in sim. The gauges are fine. Are they gauges that you feel you can run your finger around the edge? Maybe not but when you look at all of the simulations going into this and still keeping it viable on less than a super computer, I think the textures are top notch. Again, from in sim they look absolutely fantastic. I would rather have the A2A panel than a fancy Carenado G1000 that doesn't function and kills the framerates. It is a trade off I can live with.

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane”