wing warp

The most produced aircraft that served in World War I
new reply
thewoo1
Airman First Class

wing warp

Post by thewoo1 »

could you tell me if wing warping technology made banking more difficult such as tight turns harder etc ty trying to see if its the feeling Here with sim

stiz
BDG

Re: wing warp

Post by stiz »

well the Avro 504 didnt use wing warping, its used ailerons just like your modern day piper/cessna does :)

Heres a fantastic video that demonstrates what wing warping was

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePsP9zl6v38

thewoo1
Airman First Class

Post by thewoo1 »

my bad thought when I read warp on the console it was nowI see btw this plane has brakes did the real one?

lucas
Staff Sergeant

Post by lucas »

No, she did not have brakes. We used brakes because we used a "parking brake" command to enable wheel chocks. So, this is a compromise. You should touch the ground at 45-50 mph, slow down with the stick full back and banking rudder a little bit from left to right and applying blip switch for a second. Those planes had a ground assist which helped them operating on ground (like A2A WOP3 Spit Mk.I and mechanics holding a tail)

Some WW1 planes had very primitive claw-like brakes, especially German 2-seaters, like DFW C.V, or Albatroses C-class. There was a lever in the cockpit. Once pulled, a claw mounted on the gear axle was going down and was stopping a plane.

thewoo1
Airman First Class

Post by thewoo1 »

guys thanks for your very prompt responses it speaks well for aircraft factory support for its product

lucas
Staff Sergeant

Post by lucas »

You welcome and we are glad that you found some answers to your questions. And thanks for asking, because when there is a question, there should be an answer and a possible discussion which may lead to some interesting informations and knowledge exchange.

new reply

Return to “Avro 504K”