flight model

The most produced aircraft that served in World War I
new reply
thewoo1
Airman First Class

flight model

Post by thewoo1 »

Not familiar with aircraft factory .I read the description no mention of flight model accuracy is in as good as a2a products

stiz
BDG

Re: flight model

Post by stiz »

We've made the flight model the best we can with the data we could find. It might not be 100% realistic like the accusim stuff, but its damn close 8)

lucas
Staff Sergeant

Post by lucas »

Thewoo1,

When making a flight dynamics for such an old plane like Avro 504, there can be some speculations. We did our best when making it and John Cagle beautifully reproduced the control reactions, and general 'feeling'. Personally, I am very happy with the results and I am very demanding speaking of flight behaviour of WW1 planes since I am a die-hard WW1 simmer (Red Baron 3D, Rise of Flight, Richthofen's Skies - everything flown in multiplayer, as a member of virtual squadron).
The plane keeps the original performance pretty close, has very similar endurance, climb, speed and service ceiling. I'd not write "it can be flown by the book", because even in the texts/articles we found there are infos which may have some errors (like climb performance)
We'd need an Avro test pilot, footage from the cameras and more to write that it's "authentic one". However, we were doing our best and all the parameters like areas, engine power, fuels tanks and their positions should be close to the original ones. The plane has very nice reaction to the controls, can enter a spin (which is rare in FSX, btw) and recover from it using standard procedures. The propeller is nicely modelled, too. When you dive the rpm increases and when you climb, they slightly decrease. You can even overrev the engine if you will dive with the throttle open.

Lucas

thewoo1
Airman First Class

Post by thewoo1 »

Thanks guys appreciate input, I have also had all ww1 aviation sims and wondered how close the feel was in rof or woff etc. so now after hearing from you I will give it a try

thewoo1
Airman First Class

Post by thewoo1 »

sorry forgot to ask after I install the aircraft does one run the 7/15 updater or is this totally separate from a2a

lucas
Staff Sergeant

Post by lucas »

Aircraft Factory planes are not included in the A2A updater.

new reply

Return to “Avro 504K”