New instance of Simconnect

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
vangyver
Senior Airman

New instance of Simconnect

Post by vangyver »

vangyver » Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:45 pm
Found the correct ammeter LVAR “L:Ammeter1,amps” and this too now works correctly but:
There must be a problem in Prepar3d or the A2A programming. Starting default aircraft (A2A Piper Cherokee) ammeter works flawlessly. When switching scenarios the ammeter goes to zero. Closing Airmanager and restarting Airmanager has no effect. Switching aircraft also has no effect. I have to restart Prepar3d to get the ammeter to work again. So, not a problem with Airmanager but must be either A2A or Prepar3d. This is my last bug to fix and all my Airmanager gauges are working correctly.
Thank you Ralph for all the help.
Vangyver.

Ralph
Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:02 pm
There's indeed something in Prepar3D, it starts a new instance of Simconnect and there's doesn't seem to be a proper way to detect this. We've asked for help at their forums a couple of times, but never got any answer.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: New instance of Simconnect

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Starting default aircraft (A2A Piper Cherokee)
That part can lead to all kinds of frustrations in P3D and FSX. It is always advised to never set a complex 3rd party simulation aircraft as the default as it can cause load and initialisation issues in FSX and P3D. Whilst its not a binary 0/1 situation it can go from working fine for years to suddenly not working over night. Therefore advice from us and most other if not all other developers is to not use our aircraft as default to prevent potential frustrations and issues.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

vangyver
Senior Airman

Post by vangyver »

Thank you again Lewis. I tried your suggestion and it worked. I set the default to Prepar3d scenario. I have 3 scenarios for my A2A Cherokee and no matter which one I load the ammeter always works now with Airmanager. I will share this information with Ralph Rietveld over at Airmanager (Sim Innovations).
Thank You,
Vangyver

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

No worries, its a royal pain in the ass issue to be frank, as it is so hit and miss with the platform that sometimes users including myself where fine for years using custom default flights and then all of a sudden with no noticible change to a users computer other than it being a new day it all of a sudden stops working and causes issues. Very strange indeed with FSX/P3D on that initial load.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”