Engine does not start, all fuel at empty

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
wesnims
Airman Basic

Engine does not start, all fuel at empty

Post by wesnims »

Hello A2A team,
I have the Accu-sim Piper Cherokee 180 add-on and P3Dv5.3 (just installed latest P3D version with fixes as of 2/1/22) and it was working fine then all of a sudden in flight the engine cut out and I haven't been able to restart it since. It also appears all the fuel readings are at zero even when I try to add fuel using the P3D menu options. I even uninstalled the add-on and then re-installed it and the issue remains and is the same for any of the Cherokee 180 models I load. When I switch to the A2A C172 models, they all work fine. Any recommendations for a fix? Thanks.

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Engine does not start, all fuel at empty

Post by Tomas Linnet »

Hi

Welcome.
You’ll need to use the shift-4 menu to fuel your aircraft, could also be a good idea to have a look in the excellent manual. Most of the :a2a: fleet is persistent, so the aircraft will load with the same amount of fuel as last time you flew it. Unless you actively delete some files, they will still be there after you’ve reinstalled your aircraft.
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

WB_FlashOver
Technical Sergeant

Post by WB_FlashOver »

Welcome to the age of "realism" wesnims.

As Thomas says, if you are new to A2A you will be doing yourself a huge favor if you sit down with the manual. These aircraft require you to manage the fuel, manage the oil, manage the maintenance, manage the engines. Shift+4 will get you to the payload manager where you can add fuel, oil and passengers. Shift+7 will get you to the maintenance hanger where you fix worn and broken components as well as adding/removing options for your aircraft.

Fly it right and treat your engines right and you'll get good hours between repairs.

Cheers
Roger
-- Fly Well, Be Nice, Have Fun ! ! !

Z390 FTW | i9 9900K @ 5.2 | 32GB 3333 CL14 | 3080 Ti FE
970 Pro 512GB (OS)| 970 Evo 1TB | 850 Evo 500GBx2 Raid0
3TB HDD | Define S2 | EKWB Dual Loop

P51civ - T6 - P40 - B17 - B377 - L049 - Comanche - Spit - Bonanza

wesnims
Airman Basic

Post by wesnims »

A2A rookie! All good to go now so thanks for the advice. I'm thoroughly enjoying the Cherokee again!!

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”