Pitching up?

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
FireRescue85
Senior Airman

Pitching up?

Post by FireRescue85 »

Hey guys,

Noticed a new issue that I've never seen or experienced before.

Lately whenever I takeoff, the aircraft dramatically wants to pitch up. I've tried changing fuel, passengers, etc. to no avail. It's to the point where as soon as I hit 40mph it's riding on it's back wheels.

Tried a clean install and calibrated the joystick, no luck.

Any ideas what's causing this?

-Scott
Fire Marshall, Firefighter/Emergency Medical Tech.

B-17G
B377
L-049

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Pitching up?

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hey Scott,

Please could you give us a bit more background info on your setup.

For example, which host sim are we talking about here, and are you assigning control axes via the sim's own settings, or with the aid of third party software such as FSUIPC?

Also, have you checked the condition of the stabilator and trim tab via the walkaround or the maintenance hangar and are the control surfaces in general reacting freely and fully to your stick inputs?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

FireRescue85
Senior Airman

Post by FireRescue85 »

Hey Nick,

Sorry about the lack of info:

I use FSX Steam, and according to the hanger everything is fine and all control inputs appear normal.

I've tried a few uninstalls and re-installs yet can't seem to fix the issue. I didn't have this problem until I added a new texture, and I think the file is now corrupted. For example, I'll uninstall, reinstall, and the aircraft N number is reading a custom number I gave it, not the original (if that makes sense).

B-17G
B377
L-049

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks for the additional details Scott.

Bear in mind that uninstalling will only remove the files that were part of the original package. If you've added a custom livery, it won't get rid of these files, you'll have to do that part manually. If you've just changed the N-number in the FSX "aircraft details" dialog without adding a repaint, the sim will store this in another location, namely the "state.cfg" file in "C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\simobjects\airplanes\A2A_Piper_PA28_180_Cherokee". Again, this location is untouched by uninstalling the plane itself.

If you think something has become corrupted with the Cherokee installation on your PC, then a clean install is the best bet. To do this, follow the steps below (I used the default FSX-SE paths, though of course yours may vary).

1. Uninstall the Cherokee
2. Delete the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\A2A_Piper_PA28_180_Cherokee" folder
3. Delete the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\A2A\Cherokee180" folder
4. Delete the "C:\Users\[UserName]\Documents\A2A\FSX\Cherokee180" folder
5. Delete the "C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\simobjects\airplanes\A2A_Piper_PA28_180_Cherokee" folder
6. Restart your PC
7. Reinstall the Cherokee
8. Run the update from here

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

FireRescue85
Senior Airman

Post by FireRescue85 »

Thanks Nick!

I’ll give it a shot this weekend. Appreciate the feedback and help!

-Scott

B-17G
B377
L-049

FireRescue85
Senior Airman

Post by FireRescue85 »

Nick,

Just wanted to follow up and say your suggestion worked! I think one of the files in the appdata became corrupted, after deleting everything and doing a fresh install it works great!

Thanks for the help!

-Scott

B-17G
B377
L-049

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're welcome Scott and thanks for the update. Good to hear the issue is resolved.

All the best,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”