simulation depth/flight models: Cherokee/Skyhawk vs. Comanche/Skylane

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Zacke
Staff Sergeant

simulation depth/flight models: Cherokee/Skyhawk vs. Comanche/Skylane

Post by Zacke »

Hey guys,

I'm a long term customer and addict with A2A/Accusim. I've flown all the accusimmed birds over the last decade.

For some time I realize that I have a need to calm down a little bit with the sometimes overwhelming flightsim hobby/addiction. The last months I only flew the accusimmed warbirds and now I feel it's time to come back to some slower and not so complex birds like the Skyhawk or the Cherokee.
It's a long time ago I flew the Cherokee and I wonder what's the difference in simulation depth between the first two accusimmed GAs (Skyhawk/Cherokee) and the younger ones (Skylane/Comanche). I know they're all accusim v2 with all the goodies like walkaround, advanced oil system (dip stick, oil friction etc.), the towing function comes with the Skylane and the aircraft DNA with the Comanche. Besides that items are they on the same simulation level? Does the Cherokee have the same excellent and realistic flight model as the Skylane and the Comanche (most noticeable with the autopilots compensating all the time).

I'm a little bit torned between the Cherokee and the Comanche but I want to fly only one of them exclusive. I've experienced the Comanche for a long time and know her simulation wise excellence well. But I fancy with the elementariness of the Cherokee. Oh man - that's high end problems...

Thanks for clarifying the questions above,
Zacke
Last edited by Zacke on 28 Apr 2021, 10:43, edited 3 times in total.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: simulation depth/flight models: Cherokee/Skyhawk vs. Comanche/Skylane

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Cherokee, personal choice for me if you already have a shed ton of hours in the Comanche. The Accu-sim Cherokee sim has its own quirks and character the stabilator quirk from the early marks for example as modelled meaning you can run out of elevator resulting in a fair bump on landing is a blast to get right. The simulation you'll find is at the same level just a little more slower in the Cherokee over the Comanche simulation of course.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Zacke wrote: 01 Mar 2021, 10:53 Hey guys,

I'm an long term customer and addict with A2A/Accusim. I've flown all the accusimmed birds over the last decade.

For some time I realize that I have a need to calm down a little bit with the sometimes overwhelming flightsim hobby/addiction. The last months I only flew the accusimmed warbirds and now I feel it's time to come back to some slower and not so complex birds like the Skyhawk or the Cherokee.
It's a long time ago I flew the Cherokee and I wonder what's the difference in simulations depth between the first two accusimmed GAs (Skyhawk/Cherokee) and the younger ones (Skylane/Comanche). I know they're all accusim v2 with all the goodies like walkaround, advanced oil system (dip stick, oil friction etc.), the towing functions comes with the Skylane and the aircraft DNA with the Comanche. Besides that items are they on the same simulation level? Does the Cherokee have the same excellent and realistic flight model as the Skylane and the Comanche (most noticeable with the autopilots compensating all the time).

I'm a little bit torned between the Cherokee and the Comanche but I want to fly only one of them exclusive. I've experienced the Comanche for a long time and know her simulation wise excellence well. But I fancy with the elementariness of the Cherokee. Oh man - that's high end problems...

Thanks for clarifying the questions above,
Zacke
As an instructor having given many hours of dual in Cherokees I can tell you that even though our A2A 180 is a bit old these days it remains one of our most accurate and visually authentic releases.
I STILL enjoy flying it in the sim.
Dudley Henriques

Zacke
Staff Sergeant

Post by Zacke »

Thanks a lot guys!

Zacke

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”