PA28 updates

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
romac
Airman Basic

PA28 updates

Post by romac »

I purchased A2A PA28 Cherokee in 2014. Are there any updates and how do I download them?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: PA28 updates

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello and welcome to the A2A forums.

Please see the info in this pinned topic which describes how to transfer purchases from our old store to the new one.

If addition, if your copy of the Cherokee is for FSX or P3Dv3 or earlier, the latest update can be downloaded from here.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

romac
Airman Basic

Post by romac »

Thanks Nick-A2A.
I have updated the S/w but am having major problems. I ran the PA28 happily for years on Windows 7...but... when I updated to Windows 10 trouble happened. I have also updated the software for my Proflight yoke. This sorted out a problem with the FSX stock Cessna but made no difference to my Cherokee. In FSX opening screen it showed as the cabin section only with the pilot upside down behind it. On trying to fly there was no internal view at all and only the same outside view as the opening screen. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.
Romac.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Romac - thanks for the info.

I'm guessing you're using the original disk edition of FSX rather than the Steam version or a copy with the Acceleration pack upgrade? In the case, you'll need to download and install both the free service packs from Microsoft. Download links are below:

SP1: https://www.fileplanet.com/archive/p-75 ... te-English
SP2: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/downloa ... px?id=8986

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

romac
Airman Basic

Post by romac »

I am using the FSX Gold edition which includes an Acceleration disc. I had not installed the Acceleration package. Following your reply I did this and was presented with a black screen.
I did repairs on both FSX and Acceleration with no improvement. I then uninstalled Acceleration and downloaded and installed the two SPs. I now had no start up fsx.exe. I then unzipped fsx.zip and ran the exe, but errors were reported and nothing works. Oh dear, it's lucky that Covid is keeping me housebound, so I will have a chance to uninstall everything and start from scratch! Fingers crossed.
Romac

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks for the update Romac.

If you have problems with the FSX reinstall, I recommend you delete all the files generated by the software. So manually remove these directories:

C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX
C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\FSX
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

romac
Airman Basic

Post by romac »

Thanks again, Nick
I deleted nominated files and then, on running Disc 1 selected "Delete installation". Obviously a mistake as, when trying to reinstall after this, InstallShield gave me "1628: Failed to complete installation". I don't know why as these are my original genuine discs. I tried three times with the same result.
Cheers, Romac

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Romac,

There's a Microsoft Knowledgebase article on this issue here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/hel ... r-messages.

A quick Google of the message also throws up various forum topics relating to the issue in FSX so it may be worth trawling through some of these if the steps above don't help. Something else you may wish to consider is purchasing the Steam version of FSX instead.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

romac
Airman Basic

Post by romac »

Hi Nick

I ran this and all my troubles were ended - except - I can't find my A2A Cherokee! All the associated files, manuals etc were there but the plane no longer appears. Where do I find it, or am I an idiot? ( I'm 88 so its quite likely!)

Cheers, Roger

romac
Airman Basic

Post by romac »

Re above, the first line is missing. I downloaded ADVANCED SYSTEM REPAIR PRO.

romac

romac
Airman Basic

Post by romac »

Hi Nick,

Found it. Just done a reinstall. Looks OK. I just have to reset the yoke etc as they are doing weird things. I think I can cope now. Many thanks for all your help.

Cheers, romac.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Romac,

Good to hear you're back in business and thanks for posting back with the update. Please drop us a line if you need any more help.

All the best,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

flyer1974
Airman Basic

Post by flyer1974 »

I had to reinstall FSX and now it will not let me load my a2a planes. It lets me but they are not complete. Like half a plane. How do I update my planes. It's been awhile since I had to.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

flyer1974 wrote: 04 May 2020, 14:32 I had to reinstall FSX and now it will not let me load my a2a planes. It lets me but they are not complete. Like half a plane. How do I update my planes. It's been awhile since I had to.
Sounds like you may be using the original disk edition of FSX rather than the Steam version or a copy with the Acceleration pack upgrade? In the case, you'll need to download and install both the free service packs from Microsoft. Download links are below:

SP1: https://www.fileplanet.com/archive/p-75 ... te-English
SP2: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/downloa ... px?id=8986

Also, please run the Accu-Sim update which is available here.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”