Trim all nose down problem

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
dadetato
Airman Basic

Trim all nose down problem

Post by dadetato »

Hi all

I do have this bad problem with all A2A's planes. I've already tried to re install them many times, I've already upload them with the last uploader found here on the forum but nothing happen in FSX.

helping to helping me i can tell you I've got a Logitch EXTREME 3D Pro joystic, no 3rd parst add on to fix axes or so, just some add on planes and scenary, not much.

I've even tried to fix the problem changing the balance of the plane by adding 200km on the nose, just to try. The center of gravity on the image goes way in front of the pilot but fliyng nothing change. The plane always climb up in the sky. Once set the trim (ALL WAY NOSE DOWN) I can even see the "trip spoiler" all UP like an F1 car to fly levelled.

I do only have 1 problem every time i launch FSX with FSUIPC4 and I always select NO. All other aircraft work good, but maybe it can deal with A2A's products....
https://ibb.co/f0y46Rv

What can i do to enjoy my fly with this amazing Cherekee??

PS: sorry for my english, I'm italian and i try to do my best.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Trim all nose down problem

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi dadetato - welcome to the A2A forums.

It sounds like your issue may be related to spoiler deployment via FSUIPC. Does what you're seeing match the video posted in this thread? The fix is to make sure any spoiler assignments which you've set using FSUIPC aren't being triggered.

However, from the error message you're seeing, I'm not too sure if FSUIPC is actually being loaded. Have you checked to make sure you have the most recent version of FSUIPC?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

dadetato
Airman Basic

Post by dadetato »

so.....sorry.......

I've buy that planes and to make them work I have to buy FSUIPC. For buy FSUIPC i need to buy WideClient...

am I correct?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

No, you don't need to buy FSUIPC but you mention above that you have it installed. Do you just have the free, unregistered version?

It's a little difficult from you post to understand the exact issue. Please can you look at this clip and tell us if the problem you're describing looks similar to the behaviour in the video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEDE7iU ... be&t=22m2s

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

dadetato
Airman Basic

Post by dadetato »

I've seen the video. The behavior is not the same but similar....in any case impossible to fly normally.

I tryed to install FSUIPC time ago but i had some problems maybe beacusa I?ve got the Steam Version witch need some fixes...

Wher can i download FSUIPC to re intall it?

And THANKS for your help!

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks for checking. Just to rule FSUIPC out completely, please can you temporarily disable it. To do this, go to the "Modules" folder in the Steam FSX directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\Modules) and move the FSUIPC4.DLL into a new folder.

After you've done this, please can you launch FSX (the message you posted below shouldn't appear) and then load the Cherokee again, and check to see if the problem is still there.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

dadetato
Airman Basic

Post by dadetato »

So.....

as you advice me i delete all my files into modules folder. Than i try the plane and it desn't work, it flys like it did before.

Now I'm trying to find the way to install this FSUIPC. I can only find old installation even at Pete Dowson's site and they all don't fit with my last version of Flight Simulator X Steam Edition.

Can someone help me to find these files to enjoy the aircraft??? Hoping it will be enough ....

THANKS!!

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi dadetato,

I promise that FSUIPC isn't needed to use the Cherokee and if you don't have a registered version installed, we can ignore it for now. However, the various FSUIPC modules can be downloaded here: https://forum.simflight.com/topic/80977 ... d-modules/.

If I understand correctly, the aircraft is pitching nose up, and you're not able to correct it? So, please can you double check your control axis assignment in the sim, and make sure that the control surfaces and pitch trim are responding to your inputs as expected.

Please can you also check the maintenance hangar (shift 7) for any reported problems with control surfaces.

Finally, please let us know which aircraft is saved in your default FSX flight? In other words, which one can be seen revolving in the 'Free Flight' screen when you launch FSX?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

dadetato
Airman Basic

Post by dadetato »

Happy FSUIPC is not needed. So I'm not going to be mad trying to install it😊

I'm sure my joystick imputs are right because all other aircraft work perfect. Even this A2A's Cherokee responds is the right way, so if I pitch I can see the handle turning and the indicator moving from the neutral position to the "nose down" position trying to level the plane.

This makes me think all my imputs work great, but the plane still wants to climb! On take off it rises the nose on its own at 55/58 mph with neutral pitch and no joystick movements. I have to compensate pushing the joystick hard not to stall the aircraft and trim it until the trim indicator is very close to complete nose down attitude. And even with this bad pitch it still climb a bit so I always have to push the yoke...

As told before, watching the plane from outside I can see the pitch aileron at the back of the plane ALL UP, trying to compensate the nose up attitilude. So even grafically I can confirm the trim is working but the plane keep wants to rise...

I've checked the maintenance hangar and everything looks OK.

Searching over this forum I found other pilots dealing this the same problem and it seems all of them solved just re installing Tha plane, or update it. For me it doesn't works...

I even try to control the "aircraft.cfg"file insede the planes folder but it seems all OK so I didn't change a thing.

I do have some other aircraft, 2/3 other Pa28, freeware, very easy and simple.....and they work great. And a ultralight very close to my real plane. Nothing else. Don't think they can conflict with your amazing Cherokee.....

Dont know what to do

If it helps, I'm using the VERY Last version of FSX STEAM EDITION in beta mode, the one steam suggest to update from they're site.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks for the info.

Please can you just clarify what sort of hardware you're using to control the elevator trim control in the Cherokee? For example, are you using joystick/yoke buttons or a hardware axis of some sort?

Also, please can you let me know the answer to the last question above. It's quite important that we find out exactly which plane is loaded when your installation of FSX is launched.
Nick - A2A wrote: 18 Apr 2020, 15:02 Finally, please let us know which aircraft is saved in your default FSX flight? In other words, which one can be seen revolving in the 'Free Flight' screen when you launch FSX?
Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

dadetato
Airman Basic

Post by dadetato »

I flight with a LOGITECH EXTREME 3D PRO, and I've never fix axes with any add on and everything work fine with all aircraft apart from A2A's planes...

I've done some pics to help you out

1) this is my trim position in level flight with 67% power at 2000ft
https://ibb.co/CQc00Ww

2) this is how is appears from the outside
https://ibb.co/qRQcGWL

3) Cockpit (power% and instruments)
https://ibb.co/yWGv5JZ

4) wheight and balance
https://ibb.co/PwK29v4

5) all my aircraft
https://ibb.co/jbVmK91
https://ibb.co/TgrT5bZ

and even with that trim set up i have to work with the joke to fly it straight. I have to take off with 90% trim "nose down" and rotate at 80mph fighting not to make it rise too much.

hope you can help.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the pics dadetato. You still don't mention which aircraft is used for your default flight, so we'll make sure any custom flights are (temporarily) removed to troubleshoot the issue (step 1 below).

Please can you try each of the following steps.
  1. Back up any files in "Documents\Flight Simulator X Files" and then delete the contents of this folder.
  2. Back up any files in "Documents\A2A\FSX\Cherokee180" and then delete the contents of this folder.
  3. Manually delete the following file: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\A2A\Cherokee180\Update_fsx\client.wyc"
  4. Re-run the Accu-Sim update from here.
  5. Restart your PC and then launch FSX and try another flight in the Cherokee.
Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

dadetato
Airman Basic

Post by dadetato »

I've done step by step what you write but still wants to rise the nose very bad.

Again, at 60/65 mph it take of on it's own with no flap and no yoke movement. I've tried to follow the check list step by step to ensure i've got no problems, I've check all in hangar and all it's good....

i really don't know what to do. And I'm very sad because i Know how good is this model to fly but is seems impossible for me....

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Are you modifying anything in the default FSX fuel and payload manager dadetato? Instead, you should use the custom payload and fuel manager for this, which can be accessed with the Shift 4 key combination.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”