Strobe Lights shining through wings.

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
ACE-9
Airman First Class

Strobe Lights shining through wings.

Post by ACE-9 »

Hello Folks,

I did a night flight in my PA28 and noticed that the strobe lights flash through the seems / joins on the wings, best to show you --> Strobe Lights shining through wings (unlisted video on youtube) This problem only exists in my A2A PA28 (my second favorite GA, 1st place = J3 - thanks for the P3D release btw.)
ATB
Roger

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Strobe Lights shining through wings.

Post by Nick - A2A »

Roger,

Unfortunately, aircraft lights in P3D aren't blocked or 'shadowed' by the model itself. This means they can end up lighting up details which they wouldn't be able to in reality. What you're seeing here is a limitation of the graphics engine in P3D basically.

However, I'll ask Mike if he can reduce the intensity of the strobes for the next update as a couple of people have raised this issue in the past.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

ACE-9
Airman First Class

Post by ACE-9 »

Copy that one, Nick.

Like the prop issue in my other post, this behaviour only happens on the PA28 180 (I have checked my entire fleet not just :a2awhite:) I reckon if the intensity is set to the same as the C17(8)2 that should solve it. :a2awhite: make the best GA AC in the FS World, because of the attention to detail and realism.

This strobe issue is not a big problem, unlike the soon to be fixed 0.5k which blights my old School IFR IMC navigation around the UK in my :a2awhite: AC, so no worries, once this is fixed I will no longer need any other piston pounding GA AC manufacturer, er except for my B58. Wish you guys made a twin engine like the B58 or similar, configurable with old school Radios as well as GPS like the PA28.

Thanks Nick, looking forward to the updates.
ATB
Roger

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

Nick - A2A wrote: 04 Feb 2020, 05:29 Roger,

Unfortunately, aircraft lights in P3D aren't blocked or 'shadowed' by the model itself. This means they can end up lighting up details which they wouldn't be able to in reality. What you're seeing here is a limitation of the graphics engine in P3D basically.

However, I'll ask Mike if he can reduce the intensity of the strobes for the next update as a couple of people have raised this issue in the past.

Thanks,
Nick
Hi Nick,

One possible solution to this common problem would be to remove the visibility of the light "orbs" and their illumination of the model from the effects for the lights that can't be reasonably seen from the inside to that direction entirely. I'm not sure they could be removed from the inside view by making the effects directional for only a half-sphere (2Ï€) directed outwards from the aircraft, if the actual pattern of the lights are not known?

-Esa

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks chaps,

Just to give you a quick update, Mike has indeed been able to revise the strobe lighting effects for the P3Dv4 Cherokee so they're more directional. We'll get this change out via an update as soon as we can.

Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

ACE-9
Airman First Class

Post by ACE-9 »

Fantastic Gents,

Many thanks for the first class A2A top notch customer support.
ATB
Roger

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

ACE-9 wrote: 04 Feb 2020, 11:19 Thanks Nick, looking forward to the updates.
Hi Roger,

Just to let you know that the improved strobes for the Cherokee are now available as an update via the usual route.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

ACE-9
Airman First Class

Post by ACE-9 »

Hi Nick,

Fantastic, problem solved and I will add that the strobes are now greatly improved and I think, much more realistic.

Thank you :a2awhite:
ATB
Roger

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're welcome Roger and thanks for the feedback.

Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”