Help.... Can't load update

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
EmoJim
Airman Basic

Help.... Can't load update

Post by EmoJim »

So i have emailed A2A twice with this question and no one has answered it for me. I have check online in google and can't find this particular problem. This is stopping me from being able to update all the planes i have bought from A2A with the current update. So here is what is happening. I install the 6 airplanes i bought. Once i do that i then install the latest update for the planes. It starts it's install and checks every plane made by A2A to see which ones i have on my computer. Once it gets to the first plane, it attempts to update that plane. It starts going and then a screen pops up saying (WINDOWS FEATURES. AN APP ON YOUR PC NEEDS THE FOLLOWING WINDOWS FEATURE: .NET FRAMEWORK 3.5. Then it gives me two blocks at which to click on. one is Download and install this feature and the other one is skip this installation. So i click on Download and install this feature and then it pops up telling me this..... (THE FOLLOWING FEATURE COULD NOT BE INSTALLED: .NET FRAMEWORK 3.5 ERROR CODE 0x80070422 THE SERVICE CANNOT BE STARTED, EITHER BECAUSE IT IS DISABLED OR BECAUSE IT HAS NO ENABLED DEVICES ASSOCIATED WITH IT.) Now there is a link to click on to fix this issue but i am very computer illiterate and do not understand what it is telling me to do. Now here is the strange thing. I have reinstalled my flight sim computer at least 18 times in the last year and this had never came up. I have not changed anything on my system nor have i changed any settings with my system. I just do the same old reinstall every time. Load windows 10 and a clean drive, then my FSX Steam, then FSUIPC, then my planes and ORBX and REX stuff. That's it. I even load the same windows version every time 1803 version. So i am clueless on what is going on with this. My friend told me it could be a corrupt file for the update. I have not tried re downloading it and using a different file. I will do that if you guys tell me that could be the problem. Please let me know so i can start flying again. Thanks

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Help.... Can't load update

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
First of all posting on the furom , is the only way to get help , the email is not used .
Your computer and sim and aircraft , may well be corrupted due to constant uninstalls / reinstalls , this should be the last thing you do.
Regarding A2A aircraft , when you uninstalled , did you do a clean uninstall , as some files tend to be left behind , these will stop any updates , as the updater assumes the aircraft are up to date when they are not.
Also are you useing/running win 10 and sim as admin , and do you have any anti virus add on , or useing win 10 built in security , as some anti virus can stop updates.
regards alan. 8)

EmoJim
Airman Basic

Post by EmoJim »

Hi, Thanks for the reply. Anytime i do a complete reinstall of windows i uninstall all planes, FSX, ORBX, REX, Track IR, Scenery and terrain mesh before i wipe out the drive. I will then do a fresh install of windows 10 1803 version on a formatted M.2 500gig drive. So once Windows is installed again, i start with installing all software FSX related and as administrator only. Now i do not have any antivirus software on my system. and i disable windows defender. But this happens the minute i install windows and the airplanes. I would think a virus would have to take some time before one will get in my system. Now you said my computer may be corrupt due to so many re installs of windows and FSX. If this is what is causing my issue, do i need to buy another computer and start over that way? Thanks for any help. NOTE: i just tried to install Carenado's CJ2 jet and during the install, it came up wanting to install this same .net crap and my system would not allow the plane to be installed. So my system is useless to me if i can't install any jets as that is what i fly the most with. So i will reinstall windows for the 19th time and see if this will not happen once i load all back on. I will let you guys know. If guess if this happens again after another install, i will go buy another computer system. One that is more current and faster. Maybe it's meant for me to upgrade my computer anyways so this must just be a message to do so.

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
It might be worth haveing it checked at a PC shop , but before that it might be worth giveing info on here of what win10 , what the pc specs are , if any messages show in the event logs , and do a complete scan of the system with the win 10 security , it may be that win10 is not to latest update spec .
When you say its a clean install you have to be sure it is a clean install , as the system registry might be a bit messed up due to all these reinstalls , if unsure then go to a reputable PC shop to get it sorted , might be cheaper than a new PC.
It sounds like you are haveing trouble with other aircraft as well as A2A with regard to installs , once your PC is sorted , then try installing the sim and aircraft again.
regards alan. 8)

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

first thing would be to check your windows is all up to date, as you mention installing the same older version but not if you are updating your system. When reinstalling are you making sure to install all the relevant drivers too?

Can I please enquire as to why you have had to reinstall windows so many times within such a short space of time, a windows OS reinstall is a rare thing to be needed indeed.

Btw heres some info for Microsofts .Net framework;
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet ... windows-10

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”