Lvars Not working fully

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
ACE-9
Airman First Class

Lvars Not working fully

Post by ACE-9 »

HI, :D

Using Lua code to programme my PA28 home cockpit to a "no mouse use" :lol: status, to be full functional using physical mapped switches. Using Linda Tracer I found these Lvars which are not on the downloaded A2A PA28 Lvar list.

Problem is I cannot verify in the virtual cockpit if the physical buttons are working or open / closed, because the fuse breaker pods seen in the virtual cockpit do not pop open, although they do if I click them with the mouse.

I know that the Autopilot breaker at least is doing something because it resets when I flick the physical switch, but the fuse breaker pod fails to open. I've had no problems with the Com1-2 or Nav1-2 frequency swap buttons ADF / DME etc, even the 25k knob pull switches on the radios work a treat. Now I may be opening my mouth to change feet again, :roll: but assume the Lvar is working as it should behind the scenes and resetting the circuit but is missing the instruction to open or close the fuse pods in the virtual cockpit? A vital visual prompt by the way if the engine wont work :shock: it has happened to me. Hope someone can help.

Used this basic code to function test the breakers.

Code: Select all

function PA28_Fuse_Auto_Pilot0 ()
       ipc.writeLvar("BreakerAutoPilot", 0)
end
--
function PA28_Fuse_Auto_Pilot1 ()
       ipc.writeLvar("BreakerAutoPilot", 1)
end
Fuse Breaker Lvars Found

Code: Select all

BreakerFuelPump - BreakerPitotHeat - BreakerNavLight - BreakerLightLanding - BreakerLightBeacon - BreakerGaugesEngine - BreakerLightsInstruments
BreakerWarningStall - BreakerAutoPilot - BreakerNavCom1 - BreakerNavCom2 - BreakerStarter -  BreakerGeneratorOutput - BreakerGeneratorField
ATB
Roger

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Lvars Not working fully

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Roger,

I've checked the functionality here with the dev team, and please can you try using the relevant "fuse" L:Vars here rather than the "breaker" ones. In the Cherokee, the system simulates unscrewing the fuse cap so that it becomes loose, breaking the circuit. Basically, the fuses impact Cherokee specific systems (breakers) they are responsible for. For example, the autopilot fuse also breaks the turn coordinator."

You should be able to program the fuses in your home cockpit using the list of L:Vars below:

(L:FuseAutopilot,bool)
(L:FuseGaugesEngine,bool)
(L:FuseFuelPump,bool)
(L:FuseLightBeacon,bool)
(L:FuseLightInstruments,bool)
(L:FuseLightLanding,bool)
(L:FuseLightNav,bool)
(L:FuseNavCom1,bool)
(L:FuseNavCom2,bool)
(L:FusePitotHeat,bool)
(L:FuseStallWarning,bool)
(L:FuseStarter,bool)

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

ACE-9
Airman First Class

Post by ACE-9 »

Fantastic Nick, many thanks for the info.

I got completely sidetracked with the first two I looked in to - BreakerGeneratorOutput - BreakerGeneratorField not expecting the naming convention to be Fuse_fill_in_the_blank :o

:D A very satisfied customer, I love A2A aircraft, many thanks again.
ATB
Roger

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're very welcome Roger and thanks for the kind words. :)

Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”