Cherokee 180 Does not Fly correctly

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
robjrc
Airman Basic

Cherokee 180 Does not Fly correctly

Post by robjrc »

I currently own the C-172 & Comanche 250 along with the Cherokee 180 from A2A. The C-172 & Comanche fly just fine. However, the 180 cannot be controlled in flight. the Engine starts but has limited power, on takeoff the tail comes up and the plane just floats around in the air with hardly any aileron or rudder control. Don't remember changing any settings. Quite bizarre since the other planes fly just fine. All are being run on FSX-Steam. Also, the 180 used to fly OK with no issues. I have uninstalled the 180 and reinstalled it to no avail. Appreciate any guidance on this !

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Cherokee 180 Does not Fly correctly

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello,

Do you have a copy of FSUIPC4 installed by any chance? If so, please check for the spoiler command being triggered, either via a hardware axis or other control. Check out this thread for some further details.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

robjrc
Airman Basic

Post by robjrc »

THX for the reply Nick. Yes, I see FSUIPC4 in the Add-ons in the sim but I don't use it for any of my controls. I looked at the FSUIPC4.ini file and it is rather brief, which shows it is not modified like the other users. There are no references to Spoilers in the file:
[General]
UpdatedByVersion=4974
History=OAK57QV2U3IB1N5M5MF0K
AxesWrongRange=No
TCASid=Flight
TCASrange=40,3
AxisCalibration=No
DirectAxesToCalibs=No
ShowMultilineWindow=Yes
SuppressSingleline=No
SuppressMultilineFS=No
AxisIntercepts=No
DontResetAxes=No
ThreadAffinityMask=x0
LuaAffinityMask=x0
InitDelay=0
GetNearestAirports=No
LogOptionProtect=Yes
OOMcheck=Yes
OOMcheckInterval=10
TimeForLuaClosing=2
WeatherReadFactor=2
WeatherRewriteSeconds=1
CustomWeatherModify=No
SimConnectStallTime=1
LuaRerunDelay=66
FSVersionUsed="Microsoft Flight Simulator X",10.0.62615.0
SimConnectUsed=10.0.62615.0
ProvideAIdata=Yes
ProvideAIairports=No
Console=No

[WideServer]
WideFSenabled=Yes

Can I disable FSUIPC4 completely and see if that works ? Or I might try deleting previous flights with the Cherokee 180 ? Rob

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Rob,

yes please make sure you are starting a new flight for testing and not using saved flights. Just in case also, your default flight should be using a default aircraft, using complex third party simulations as default flight can result in issues, this rule does apply to our Accu-sim range of aircraft.

thanks,
Lewis- A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Yeah, making sure you're not using any custom saved flight for your FSX default flight is definitely a good idea. However, the issue you describe sounds exactly like the FSUIPC spoiler glitch. Did you check out the video in the linked post? To test comlletely disabling FSUIPC, simply move the FSUIPC4.DLL to a different directory.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

robjrc
Airman Basic

Post by robjrc »

THX to both Nick & Lewis for your suggestions. I moved both FSUIPC.dll & .ini files to another directory, changed the start up aircraft to the default one and started a new flight (did not call up a saved flight) to no avail ): just for the heck of it I loaded the A2A Comanche mid flight and the problem went away, it flew perfectly ! Also the A2A C172 flies with no issues. I’m beginning to lose hope ! Rob

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks for the update Rob. Please can you try deleting the contents of the "Documents\A2A\FSX\Cherokee180" folder in case any files in here have become corrupted. These files store the aircraft's persistent state.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

robjrc
Airman Basic

Post by robjrc »

THX Nick, that did the trick. I didn't know that a folder like that existed outside of the Flight Simulator ! THX for your support as usual, I am planning to pilot an actual 180 in the next couple of weeks, your 180 is the most realistic of the bunch out there. Rob

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're welcome Rob - thanks for the update and for the kind words. Best of luck with your real world Cherokee piloting experience. :)

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”