Don't even know where to post this...

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
tomvaillencourt
Airman First Class

Don't even know where to post this...

Post by tomvaillencourt »

Maybe someone can let me know where is the proper place to post this for support. Today, I went to use my A2A Cherokee 180 and notinced none of the aircrafts animations were working. Prop doesn't turn, control surfaces, etc... a few switches, Attitude indicator, altimeter, and DG worked, but literally nothing else. The airplane flies, and you hear the engine sound (exterior only, no sound from inside cockpit), but no animations... This is also the case for ALL of my other A2A aircraft except for my Accusim Cub, which seems to work fine. The aircraft that are affected, and have no animations are as follows:

Cherokee 180
Camanche 250
Cessna 172R and 182T
P-40
Civilian Mustang

I thought maybe my accusim needed to be updated, so I ran the updater. It "could not find" My Mustang or P-40, but found everything else and stated I was already running the current version, so aside from some aircraft being "not found" by the updater, I can't be sure that Accusim is the problem here...

If anyone can help me either with this issue directly, or by tellling me where I can post this message for support, I would be deeply grateful!

Thanks,

Tom

TymK
Staff Sergeant

Re: Don't even know where to post this...

Post by TymK »

Hi Tom,

This looks like a Simconnect issue. Which simulator are you using? The new A2A installers for P3Dv4 check if the correct version is installed, but if you are using FSX or pre-v4 P3D, go to "[sim root directory]\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib\" and run "SimConnect.msi" (if you're on P3Dv4, you can try that anyway for troubleshooting).

HTH,
Tym

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Tom,

it sounds like you have a broken simconnect or broken flight saves.

Please make sure you're using a default aircraft for your default flight and that you are not re-loading the same saved flight over and over as this will eventually corrupt and so the flight will not fully load up correctly. Normally when simconnect fails you need only to restart the simulation and start a new flight to correct the simconnect of FSX being down.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

tomvaillencourt
Airman First Class

Lewis - A2A wrote: 19 Jun 2019, 07:34 Hello Tom,

Please make sure you're using a default aircraft for your default flight and that you are not re-loading the same saved flight over and over as this will eventually corrupt and so the flight will not fully load up correctly. Normally when simconnect fails you need only to restart the simulation and start a new flight to correct the simconnect of FSX being down.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
This may very well be the problem.. For me I have "Previous Flight" set as my default flight. However this has worked without fails for years.. I will generate a new default flight and see if that helps... In the interim, I will try and load a brand new flight with one of the affected aircraft. I'll get back if I have any further issue with this.. Thanks Lewis

tomvaillencourt
Airman First Class

TymK wrote: 19 Jun 2019, 06:02 Hi Tom,

This looks like a Simconnect issue. Which simulator are you using? The new A2A installers for P3Dv4 check if the correct version is installed, but if you are using FSX or pre-v4 P3D, go to "[sim root directory]\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib\" and run "SimConnect.msi" (if you're on P3Dv4, you can try that anyway for troubleshooting).

HTH,
Tym
Im using FSX SP2 (I know I know) ... there is no folder "redist" in my FSX Root Directory. (D/FSX) not sure what to do?

TymK
Staff Sergeant

Post by TymK »

You should still have the installer under "FSX-SP2-XPACK", try running it and let us know if that helps.

[EDIT: Oops, missed your updated post. I'll try to find out where you can get the installer.]

Tym

TymK
Staff Sergeant

Post by TymK »

There's a downloadable archive available here: http://www.fspassengers.com/?action=simconnect

It contains three versions, try the one in the "XPACK" subdirectory.

Tym

tomvaillencourt
Airman First Class

Lewis - A2A wrote: 19 Jun 2019, 07:34 Hello Tom,

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
So I loaded the sim, which was already preloading a default aircraft from the previous flight. I went to my saved flights, unchecked "make this the default flight" from the flight titled "previous flight", then generated a completely NEW flight with a default aircraft, and saved it as "Default Flight". I then selected another saved flight from ages ago with the A2A Cherokee, and it still had the issue.. Not sure how to fix simconnect. The only simconnect.msi I have on my PC is in the REX Essential folder. ???

tomvaillencourt
Airman First Class

TymK wrote: 20 Jun 2019, 09:23 There's a downloadable archive available here: http://www.fspassengers.com/?action=simconnect

Tym
Thanks will try it.. BRB...

tomvaillencourt
Airman First Class

TymK wrote: 20 Jun 2019, 09:23 There's a downloadable archive available here: http://www.fspassengers.com/?action=simconnect

Tym
Thanks Tym... Unfortunately this did not help. :/

TymK
Staff Sergeant

Post by TymK »

The only other thing I can suggest is to try the "SP1" installer (it's safe, multiple SimConnect versions can coexist on the same machine), but that's a long shot... It's a weird issue as all the symptoms are very typical of missing/broken SimConnect...

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

you mentioned making a new default flight but then went on to load another old flight.

Have you tried backing all the way back to main menu and just starting a new flight?

You will ideally want to use simple a default aircraft at a default location to avoid issues. This is why its advised to tend to not touch the default flight too much as what is fine for years for someone is another users crashing and eventually the user that was fine for years could all of a sudden end up crashing and having flight load corruption anyway. Good practice is to simple keep it simple and straight forward to avoid flight corruption issues altogether, if that makes sense?

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

tomvaillencourt
Airman First Class

TymK wrote: 20 Jun 2019, 10:24 The only other thing I can suggest is to try the "SP1" installer (it's safe, multiple SimConnect versions can coexist on the same machine), but that's a long shot... It's a weird issue as all the symptoms are very typical of missing/broken SimConnect...
I posted most of this earlier, but the post didn't take after long explinations, so I will reiterate in case any of the information is useful for future users with similar issues... I have achieved success, by reinstalling a few of the A2A aircraft. Thats the cliff's notes version.. If you want to know details, here goes... So reinstalling any version of SimConnect did not work, so I decided to try reinstalling one of the affected aircraft; the 172 trainer. This came with a re-install of accusim. the result was that the 172 worked exactly as it should. Oddly, though, so then did the Cherokee 180, the P-40, and the Civilian Mustang. the 182 and the Comanche were a different story though, and both were freaking out in their own unique ways. The 182 was suffering catastrophic engine failures on the ground with prop strikes and the whole 9. overhauls lasted only a few seconds. If I started a flight with the 182 airborne and freshly overhauled, the thing would sieze, and I would get an error saying some "arithmatic could not be calculated" and that a "'?' value was nil" whatever that was... the Comanche would also suffer engine failures on the ground, but when airborne, would just cartwheel in place at with nothing working and without losing altitude... It just looked like it was in an uncontrolled freefall, without falling... It would also display repeted simconnect failures and said it was trying to reconnect... That being said... After re-installing the 182 and the Comanche (both of which I actually had to repurchase) they are both now also working fine. The re-purchase came because I could not find my original download links or even confirmation emails for the original purchases, nor did I have the installers... I think they may have been origionally purchased on "Flightsim Store" which is no longer in existence, so... anyway... Thank you, to you and Lewis for your help, I hope the extra information I provided here helps you make some sense of what may have gone wrong here, but I dont think it was simconnect by itself. I think somehow my A2A files were corrupted... Not sure yet how or why, but hopefully there are no other issues related to this...I just wish it hadn't cost me another $100. Anyway, thanks again!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Great to hear you got it resolved. Now get me a PM so we can sort out that duplicate purchase

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

TymK
Staff Sergeant

Post by TymK »

Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance, but it's good to hear you finally managed to get everything up and running. Happy flying! :D

BTW, thanks for posting the solution, it'll make things easier if someone encounters a similar issue.

Tym

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”