Clipboard, mini controls, etc. not available

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
hmollin
Airman

Clipboard, mini controls, etc. not available

Post by hmollin »

i just purchased and downloaded the PA 28 180 for FSX. Under the views tab-instrument panel, the clipboard, mini controls and everything else is all there but when i click on them they don't open. The key commands don't work either. With the key commands i'll see a flash of a window. I'm running windows 7, 64 bit, 12gb ram, AMD Radeon HD 5700 Series card on 3 screens. Disabling 2 screens does not change anything. Any help would be appreciated.Thanks Hunter

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Clipboard, mini controls, etc. not available

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Hunter - welcome to the forums.

Please can you start by downloading and installing the Accu-Sim update available here if you haven't already done this.

Also, please can you check that the transparency of the 2-D windows hasn't accidentally been set to 100%. You can check this setting via the standard FSX menus: options → settings → display → aircraft tab.

If these steps don't help, please can you let us know which version of FSX you're using as it makes a difference to some of the potential troubleshooting steps. For instance is it the boxed edition of FSX, FSX with the Acceleration add-on, or the Steam Edition of FSX?

Thanks,
Nick

hmollin
Airman

Post by hmollin »

Hi Nick. Thank you for the response. The update was already in place but i re-installed it anyway from the link you provided. Transparency was set to 0, 2-D & 3-D. No change with the issue. I'm using the boxed FSX version with the acceleration add on but the acceleration is not installed. FSX SP1 & 2 are installed. I have the pa 28 180 on my gaming laptop too with the same FSX installation and everything works fine. Thanks for your help. hunter

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

it sounds like your FSX is in a somewhat corrupt state, hence the SP2 features not working. Can you please try reinstalling Simconnect.

http://a2asimulations.com/public/downlo ... onnect.msi

Please download and run the above and then restart your system.

Hopefully that should see you right, otherwise it will be an FSX repair, but lets do one step at a time.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

hmollin
Airman

Post by hmollin »

For some unknown reason i'm having this issue again. I can't open the 2D panels in the cherokee 180.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Ive heard windows updates causing issues for some using the old 2006 disc edition of FSX. You might need to reinstall the service packs or the simconnect again I am afraid.

I would recommend if using FSX to upgrade to the steam edition for the extra little fixes it brings and general ease of use for file verification etc all built into steam.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”