Checklist Font Size too small to read

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
JerseySeven
Airman

Checklist Font Size too small to read

Post by JerseySeven »

I guess this could apply to the Comanche 250 as well, but the Cherokee is the one I'm currently using. I'm in Windows 10, with Prepar3D v4 and a display size of 3840x2160. When I call up the various checklists (e.g. Shift+2; Shift+3) the font size is so small as to be unreadable. I've tried overriding the High DPI scaling for the Prepar3D.exe, but that makes everything blurred and crappy, and still does not help with the small font size.

This is NOT a problem with the A2A Bonanza 35 so I figure it is fixable. Is there a setting in the clipboard.xml or other files that can be easily configured?

Thanks. I am loving the fidelity and features of all of these, but I can't make use of the checklists in the Cherokee or Comanche (probably worse with the Cherokee).

Thank you!

Edit: Found that dragging on the clipboard windows would resize them :oops: . Rather tricky sometimes to find the right spot to drag...

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Checklist Font Size too small to read

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi JerseySeven - welcome to the A2A forums.

The feature which allows you to rescale the 2-D panels on high res monitors such as 4K was only introduced with the Bonanza due to the increasing popularity of such displays.

The older products such as the Cherokee don't have this built in at present. However, please see the advice in this thread on how to resize these panels yourself via edits to the 'panel.cfg' file.

Thanks,
Nick

wrkempson
Airman First Class

Post by wrkempson »

Thank you for the link. Is there a similar way to increase the size of the hint boxes that appear when hovering the cursor over an instrument?

Wayne

NB: I mistakenly asked this question in the linked thread, but I think it belongs here.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Wayne,

The tooltip sizing is actually set within Microsoft Windows itself; it's not a function of the host simulator or add-on in question. I've never tried changing them, but it should be possible, if a little complex with the latest editions of Win 10. More info here.

Thanks,
Nick

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”