Ground Control

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Imposter
Airman Basic

Ground Control

Post by Imposter »

Hi

I hope you can help.
I can see this issue everywhere but I cant see answer other than install the latest update.
I am running P3D 4.3 and when i run Cherokee Check for updates P3D4 it says "Your software is up to date"
But taxiing, taking off and landing are nearly impossible.
I am worried that I just cant fly lol, but everything is ok as soon as I do get in the air.
Other P3D stock Planes are fine.
I have got Xplane 11 and have add on planes in that and I can fly them, so I can only purely put it down to this Cherokee.

I can't see anything out of the ordinary in the settings and have followed your installation guide.

Looking forward to getting this sorted ASAP as i am currently working towards my Vatsim Pilot Ratings

Many thanks

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Ground Control

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi and welcome to the A2A forums.

Please can you let us know if you're running any other add-on software? Programs such as EZdok are known to affect handling depending on which settings are selected.

If there's no other add-on software involved, please can you let us know if you have any other Accu-Sim software installed, or if you've previously installed the Cherokee using the older generation of installer?

Thanks,
Nick

Imposter
Airman Basic

Post by Imposter »

Hi Nick

The only addons are Spad.Next and FSUIPC.
It has been like this since I first installed it and the addons were install prior.

Thanks

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi,

Please can you try uninstalling and reinstalling. If there were some old core files left over from the previous installation, this should overwrite them.

If that doesn't work, please can you double check any aircraft-specific profiles in FSUIPC.

Thanks,
Nick

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

can you please describe the exact issue you are encountering?

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Imposter
Airman Basic

Post by Imposter »

Hi

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing and removed user area data too, as per instructions.
My exact issues are I have no control when accelerating, as a single prop it should get pulled as you accelerate and you give it a little opposite increasing as you speed up, but it pulls violently to the right so you counter, then it over compensates and you swing left and right, if i manage to feather it into a straight line i am pushing so far to the left that there is no more left to to get it back to centre line if you understand what i mean.

Cheers

Imposter
Airman Basic

Post by Imposter »

Actually I only installed FSUIPC yesterday so I could run FSXWX, but like i say, it has been like that since the begining.
Last edited by Imposter on 14 Oct 2018, 16:45, edited 1 time in total.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Have you checked that your controls surfaces move fully and freely, and that they all return to the centred position when you release your joystick or yoke?

Also, have you given the aircraft a general once over in the maintenance hangar (Shift 7)?

Thanks,
Nick

Imposter
Airman Basic

Post by Imposter »

Hi Nick

Yes of Course, and with all the twisting and turning It is in the hanger more than on the runway :)

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Please can you give it a try with FSUIPC disabled Imposter. Basically just place the FSUIPC4.dll in a temporary folder and then open the sim then use the basic P3D controls menu to assign your essential axes. If the problem persists, at least we know FSUIPC isn't the culprit. If the issue disappears, we've identified a potential issue with the way FSUIPC is configured as the cause.

Thanks,
Nick

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello

have you performed a full pre-flight walk around and checked in the maintenance hanger that the aircraft is all fit for flight prior to engine start?

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Imposter
Airman Basic

Post by Imposter »

Hi Guys

I removed FSUIPC as you said but i have got v5.
I am somewhat confused but also happy, after renaming the dll everything went fine and after renaming the dll back again everything is now fine.
I wouldn't mind but I only installed v5 saturday morning but this issue arose a few weeks ago (after purchase), I thought it was me as it was a new aircraft and flying stock was ok before and after the v5 install.
As far as I am concerned it is all good to go, I have just done 6 ish T/O and Landings no issues in several weather conditions and all is satisfactory where as yesterday I couldn't T/O in sunny calm weather.

Many thanks for your assistance especially on a sunday too.

Best wishes

Paul

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're very welcome Paul - thanks for the update and glad to hear the issue seems to be resolved.

Cheers,
Nick

P.S. Yes, FSUIPC5 for P3Dv4 of course. My mistake! :)

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”