lost my steering

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
LouP
Senior Airman

Re: lost my steering

Post by LouP »

Thank you for trying Serge but no go. I installed Simconnect a few days ago to try and fix this but that did not work. This time I tried the repair option but everything was still broke and I could not repair it. I went to uninstall simconnect and saw there were two items that were labeled simconnect in my machine so I uninstalled both and reinstalled simconnect from the directory you mentioned, restarted the machine but nothing changed. I have a feeling I may have broken something else now. Again, the 180 was working except for the steering before the accusim update. Is there a more recent version of accusim I can try and install from somewhere?

LouP

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

There is only one Accusim update for P3D and it should only be applied if you are running a properly installed P3D 4.1 instance.

If the hangar is still showing everything broken, then there is little point in trying to fix the steering issue. Best to address the issue with everything appearing broken first. Is this still the case?
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

LouP
Senior Airman

Post by LouP »

No, everything was working ok before the update (except the steering)

Loup

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

So you mean, that everything in the hangar is now ok and all systems are in great condition? Confused by the response.

I also saw that you are using FSUIPC as many other users here do as well. I do not, so I can't advice on how to properly set up FSUIPC A2A aircraft. Have you tried mapping any controls through the A2A configuration tool that may be accessed from your start menu?

I also remember reading somewhere that some other users had to enable some setting in either FSUIPC or P3D to correct control mapping issues.

Either way, if the maintenance hangar shows everything as broken, it points to a problem with the installation that must first be addressed before control mappings can be sorted.

LouP
Senior Airman

Post by LouP »

Now I'm confused at why you are confused. I will have to reinstall the 180 for the third time to getback to where everything was ok except for the steering issue. I am at work so won't be able to do that until tonight. If it all goes the same which I suspect it will, everything will be ok after the reinstall (except for the steering) but I can't do that until tonight. I really don't understand why there is confusion but I will go step by step once again.

Also, it would be really helpful if I knew who I was dealing with. Are you a helpful user or an employee of A2A. I know Lewis works for A2A and he was in the process of helping. While I do appreciate the assistance, I feel like I'm doing things for a second time trying to get this product working.

Thank you,
LouP

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

A lot of the users here help along with the employees (Lewis being an employee).

There is no reason to reinstall anything again yet. In fact I would avoid it unless specifically asked to do so.

The question was, is the maintenance hangar still showing everything as broken? There is no reason to reinstall anything to make that determination.

LouP
Senior Airman

Post by LouP »

Yes, I checked last night, everything is broken and nothing happens when I click the overhaul button. I can swap equipment like the fairings in and out but can't perform a major overhaul or fix individual problems.

I do appreciate the help.

LouP

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Can you describe the process exactly of how you are loading into the aircraft and also what did you install simconnect wise. (Nothing should be uninstalled you should only install simconnect)

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

LouP
Senior Airman

Post by LouP »

Hi Lewis,

I load the aircraft up by selecting it at startup from the menu. I'm not loading anything up before it. As far as simconect, I reinstalled that per Oracle's directions from the installer in P3D v4. The version in fsx acceleration sp 2 folder in p3d. I right clicked and selected to install as administrator.

On another note, I wanted to purchase the Comanche and T6 while on sale but want to make sure accusim will work before I do. So I'm feeling pressured to see if this will work or not.

LouP

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

what is your default setup, what other add-ons are you using, Everything you describe are the symptoms of a bad simconnect not loading correctly so Accu-sim or indeed any advanced sim using simconnect would not be able to talk to the host platform in this case P3D, hence things being dead in the sim for you.

thanks,
Lewis

LouP
Senior Airman

Post by LouP »

Hi Lewis,

I have too many add aircraft to count. I'm also using SPADnext, Active Sky, FSUIPC, Little Navmap, Reality XP GNS v2. All of these seem to be working fine and I did try the 180 without launching SPAD the other day but the 180 still didn't work. Is there a way to have Accusim run at an administrator level so I can see if that works? My default flight is the one that came with p3d, the f22 down in Florida.

LouP

LouP
Senior Airman

Post by LouP »

OK, I went and checked in the P3D program folder and did not see any simconnect.dll. I see a simconnector.dll so I'm not sure if that's the same thing. no matter how many times I run the simconnect installer, I see no simconnect.dll. Just for the heck of it I copied the simconnect.dll from my steam install to the P3D folder but there was no change in the 180. That was a long shot. So anyone know why I would be running the simconnect installer but not see a simcinnect.dll show up in my p3d folder?

LouP

LouP
Senior Airman

Post by LouP »

So I saw in another post that there are other folks with this same issue with the 180 and I found some other forums on the net with people having similar issues with simconnect.

LouP

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

if you have permission issues that could prevent things being installed but if you believe you have some core simconnect issues you might want to post on the Lockheed forums to see if they can help with getting your simconnect sorted.

However with lots of addons you mentioned using simconnect any one of them could be breaking simconnect links upon loading.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

LouP
Senior Airman

Post by LouP »

OK, now I don't think it's a simconnect issue. I uuninstalled simconnect and launched p3d. My other programs such as littl nav map would no longer work. So I shut down the sim, installed simconnect and rebooted my machine. My other programs started working again but the 180 was in the same state. Once again, this all happened after I installed the accusim update for the 4.1 steering issue. The other strange thing is that I had to point the accusim uodate to the folder where the 180 is installed. I'm thinking that there's a snag with thre drm.

Looks like I'm going to miss that sale. :-(

LouP

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”