GTN 650 popup causes throttle to instantly go to idle.

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
kevinsue
Airman

GTN 650 popup causes throttle to instantly go to idle.

Post by kevinsue »

Not sure if this is an issue with the GTN 650 or the A2A Cherokee but for some reason if I select the 2D GPS popup and then use the click spot on the popup to return it to the 3D panel, it causes the throttle to instantly go to idle setting. This anomaly doesn't occur if the 3D panel click spot is used to select the popup or return it back to the panel.

The first time this happened was on a night flight in marginal weather when the engine suddenly lost power and the autopilot started squawking for trim up. After recovering from a instant coronary, and quick look at the fuel quantity and pressure gauges I must have bumped the throttle because the engine roared back into life again. I didn't at the time associate it with just having used the GPS popup to check runway directions at the destination.

After landing safely, I proceeded to do a thorough drain on the fuel tanks because I had previously suffered an engine failure in the Skylane due to fuel contamination in the water tanks but everything was clear. :oops: It was only after it happened again in daylight that I noticed that the throttle was at idle and that this happened every time i used the GPS popup. The click spot must be somehow linked to the same P3D control input as "Throttle cut" but I can't find any linkages in my setup.

Throttle position before selecting the GPS popup

Throttle position after using the 2D GPS popup click spot to return it to the 3D panel.

Best Regards...Kev*
"The finest Captain I ever crossed swords and set sail with"

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: GTN 650 popup causes throttle to instantly go to idle.

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

there should be no change and no relationship. Are you holding the mouse for too long or using any third party control hardware/software, FSUIPC etc?

To integrate the GPS into the panel did you use only our aircraft configuration tool and not use the flight1 tool? (Only our aircraft config tool should be used)

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

kevinsue
Airman

Re: GTN 650 popup causes throttle to instantly go to idle.

Post by kevinsue »

Hi Lewis, yes the GTN650 was installed using the A2A configuration tool and I have run quite a few tests to see if there is any GPS configuration or page that causes this anomaly and there is nothing that could isolate the problem. The positioning of the 2D popup could be a factor because the click spot is actually right over the 3D throttle so next time this occurs, I'll drag it to another position and see if that changes anything. This is an intermittent issue and is not really a big thing so long as you remember to use the 3D click spot to return it to the panel. F1 has had quite a few issues updating to the latest Garmin trainer as the original database excluded runways under 4000 meters and F1 has been working tirelessly to use the latest database but still include all those smaller airports for the FS community which has led to a number of technical issues which I'm sure will be resolved in the near future.
Best Regards...Kev*
"The finest Captain I ever crossed swords and set sail with"

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”