A Number of Issues [SOLVED]

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Mithras
Airman First Class

A Number of Issues [SOLVED]

Post by Mithras »

Love this aircraft, it is my main go to plane! Ii've flown it regularly since it was released. Recently, having FSX controller issues I moved everything over to FSUIPC.

Now, I'm pretty sure that the Cherokee and 182 worked ok when I tested them, invluding a coupke of controls assigned to the configurator. Maybe I got that wrong.

Anyway, I cant start either plane. And the configurator doesnt work either! I did get the message 'calling a nil value' when I opened up the Save Flight. But the propblem persists even away from the saved flight, just selecting the cherokee in free flight.

To Start
Both FSUIPC assignments Starter Set and Toggle Starter keyed to a keyboard key or a joystick button, do nothing. In the Cherokee the plane does give a slight quiver with no sound, completely different from normal. All other nonA2A aircraft start fine.

Configurator
I have my second prop level configured for each plane. In the Cherokee it serves as the carb hear. In the 182 it serves as the cowl flao lever. Neither work at all. Why, Idon't know.

I've restarted the sim, rebooted and also reinstalled the Cherokee with no results.

I will try reverting the Cherokee starter back to the FSX default system to see if that might be the problem. Hope not, though, because for FSUIPC to work effectively I have to disable FSX controls in the sim.

Any help or tips appreciated!

EDIT: I checked the hangar for battery issues, bit nothing. Plus its both the 180 and the 182... Also, pressing autostart fires the engine up fine. ..?
Last edited by Mithras on 31 Dec 2016, 10:27, edited 1 time in total.

Mithras
Airman First Class

Re: A Number of Issues including Starter and Configurator

Post by Mithras »

Progress!
When going into FSX and activating native controls again, the button on my controller starts the cherokee! Also the A2A configurator now springs in to life! Deactivating the FSX controls kills both the starter in FSUIPC and the A2A configurator.

Hey, I hear you cry, don't deactivate your FSX controls! Well, I have recurring problems of FSX reverting to defaults, which is why I switched everything over to FSUIPC in the first place. With FSX native controls activated but nothing assigned, FSX still intermittently everts to default controller settings that I have ti delete one by one because it interferes and conflicts with my careful FSUIPC settings.

I'm in a bind!

Mithras
Airman First Class

Post by Mithras »

Workaround! It is FSUIPC.... starter doesn't work, but Magnetos On does the same job. I can use the command AntiIce Toggle for the axis button to activate the carb heat.

So I'm almost sorted! I just can't seem to program the cowl flaps lever on the Cessna 182, either as an axis or simply a button.

At least I can start the old girl again! :)

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

You need the controls active in FSX otherwise the aircraft will not work correctly. It might be best to look at why your FSX is randomly assigning things in your setup as this is definitely not normal.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Mithras
Airman First Class

Post by Mithras »

Thanks Lewis. What will happen? I've spent a month trying to get to the bottom of my refreshing assignment problem; my last best hope was to switch over to FSUIPC completely and disable the FSX controllers. The input configurator certainly doesn't work when they are deactivated.

EDIT I found this remark you made a year ago Lewis: "Yes if you close the computer prior to the program ending then any open configs in memory etc have possibility of corrupting and with the way FSX works will probably have a good chance to reverting to default."

That might certainly be happening. I'll investigate a bit more. I don't want to lose any of the A2A capabilities.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Okie dokie, also are you plugging in and unplugging any hardware into different USB sockets on the computer?

thanks,
Lewis

Mithras
Airman First Class

Post by Mithras »

No, I go to great pains not to plug and unplug any controllers. But I do get Windows forcing shutdown messages often, when I turn off .... I eobder if FSX is still running?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

windows forcing shutdown?

How do you mean, like update messages on win10 or something else?

thanks
Lewis

Mithras
Airman First Class

Post by Mithras »

Sorry, I'm not being clear. Sometimes I shut down FSX, then immediately hit the Windows Shutdown PC button. Often I get a message from Windows saying some program is still running and that it will force shutdown. I presume this is FSX and that this might be causing my controls to be reset to default. I'll be more careful in future and give FSX time to close, first. And I'll reinstate the FSX control tick box!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

yes this will be the problem, you are force closing the program before it has shut down, different programs will react differently and from the sounds of it FSX isn't correctly saving all the configs for you on shutdown.

Thanks,
Lewis

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”