My own EZCA problem

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
jimcarrel
Senior Airman

My own EZCA problem

Post by jimcarrel »

Greetings, I have been using EZCA for about a week now, and enjoy it very much. Just now noticed a bit of a problem with an A2A plane that I hadn't flown in a couple of weeks. I fired up the A2A Cherokee after the P3D 3 default Beechcraft and it locks up in about 5 seconds and drops me to desktop.

I've been thru all steps I can find in the Cherokee Tech. support thread. Adding the lines suggested in the A2A + EZCA PDF. I have downloaded a fresh copy of the Cherokee P3D and installed fresh after deleting the Cherokee files as suggested in all the threads in A2A tech thread. I also re-ran the May A2A update each time.

After going thru all that twice now, the Cherokee continues to stop P3D from working after I load it. My 4 other A2A planes; Commanche, T6, Cessna 172 and 182 do not stop P3D from working.

Surely there must be another file somewhere that I have not removed prior to installing the Cherokee.

One thing I have noticed is that the dat files are never created in the My Documents folder as done by the other A2A planes. It creates the Cherokee180 folder, but it is always empty.
Could be that the Cherokee does not initialize enough to log information for the dat file.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: My own EZCA problem

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Jim,

Yes, it does sound like something is wrong with the Cherokee installation if the log.dat files aren't being created. Not sure it's likely to have anything to do with EZdok though. I'm guessing you didn't have this problem before you installed EZCA which is why you suspect it's the culprit?

I'd suggest doing a complete clean install of the Cherokee:

1. uninstall it in the usual way via Windows;
2. delete any leftover folders/files related to the Cherokee in the 'Prepar3D v3/A2A/' and 'Prepar3D v3/SimObjects/Airplanes/' directories and also in 'My Documents';
3. restart your PC;
4. right click your original Cherokee installer and select 'run as administrator';
5. once you've installed the aircraft, run the most recent version of the Accu-Sim update as admin and check that it finds and updates your Cherokee installation;
6. finally, open P3D with a default aircraft then load the Cherokee and see what happens...

If you still suspect EZdok, you could use the add-ons menu to switch off EZdok at step 6 prior to loading the Cherokee.

Good luck! :)
Nick

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

What Nick said, I'd run a clean install and ignore ezdok and dont run it to get a working Cherokee and move on from there. Nicks instructions for reinstall are spot on.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

jimcarrel
Senior Airman

Post by jimcarrel »

Hello, friends, neighbors and sports fans.
Don't take this the wrong way, but I have done what Nick suggested mucho many times before I posted.
Just to prove no animosity, I went thru Nick's points again.

Still don't have Cherokee running with out lock up, but you see I still have other A2A planes that are working fine.
Plan is to forgo the Cherokee and enjoy the others. It's probably due to my machine setup and I am fine with the results...no harm, no foul, I still love A2A products.

Thanks for you time and input :D

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hey Jim,

Did you try the EZdok "global disable" option prior to loading the Cherokee as suggested? I guess EZCA could be the culprit if one of the Cherokee-specific config files is corrupted or incomplete.

The only other thing which comes to mind at present is that something is preventing the AccuSim.dll or Cherokee.dll from loading. In FSX, this would be via the "[Trusted]" section in the FSX.cfg but I understand that in P3D, .dll permissions are handled differently. Sorry I can't be more help but I only run the A2A stuff in FSX at present.

Thanks,
Nick

jimcarrel
Senior Airman

Post by jimcarrel »

Yes sir, I used the global disable, still locked. It's okay, I'm sure LM will have another version ready around Christmas or so, then with a fresh install of P3D I'll give the Cherokee another go.
Thanks to all!

jimcarrel
Senior Airman

Post by jimcarrel »

For what it's worth, I'd like to update this problem I had, about 2 weeks ago I dumped EZCA and purchased Chaseplane, and Voila! I got my Cherokee back. It seems like a new unknown model now.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Pleased to hear that Jim. Seems ChasePlane is now definitely the preferred view/camera add-on when it comes to A2A stuff.

Cheers,
Nick

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”