EZdok and Checklist camera views in the Cherokee.

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
bobsk8
Technical Sergeant

EZdok and Checklist camera views in the Cherokee.

Post by bobsk8 »

I have both the A2A C 172 trainer and the Cherokee 180, and am using EZdok in P3D version 3.2 I have seen several discussions on the pre flight walk around being messed up when Ezdok is installed, on this forum, but not on the Cherokee. The C 172 work fine with EZdok with no problem at all, all views of the checklist work perfectly. When I switch to the Cherokee, the views are unusable, so I have been skipping the checklist in the Cherokee. Yesterday I found a partial fix , on another thread on this forum on the C 182, and it said to insert this line after In the camera Definition 01 in the aircraft.cfg file. HotKeySelect = 4

So the camera definition file now looks like this:

[CameraDefinition.0]
Title = "Right Flap"
Guid = {3A09FD6C-D406-4d8f-A5CD-FA4F5E0C12ED}
Description = Preflilght inspection
Origin = Center
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = FALSE
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = FALSE
Track = None
ShowAxis = FALSE
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = 1.0
ShowWeather = Yes
InitialXyz = 3.3, 1, -2.4
InitialPbh = 25, 0, 310
XyzAdjust = TRUE
Category=Aircraft
ClipMode=Minimum
HotKeySelect = 4

When I do that, the walk around checklist works perfectly but the external EZdok views now are not working correctly. So it seems as if , on the Cherokee, you either have this fix inserted and no EZdok outside views, or no fix inserted and the checklist views are messed up , but the EZdok external views work. Apparently you can't have both at the same time.

Now I looked at the C 172, the same file, which works perfectly for EZdok external and the checklist walk around, and this is the camera definition file from that aircraft:

[CameraDefinition.0]
Title = "Pitot Tube Heat Test"
Guid = {3A09FD6C-D406-4d8f-A5CD-FA4F5E0A88ED}
Description = Preflilght inspection
Origin = Virtual Cockpit
SnapPbhAdjust = FALSE
SnapPbhReturn = FALSE
PanPbhAdjust = FALSE
PanPbhReturn = FALSE
Track = None
ShowAxis = FALSE
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = 1.0
ShowWeather = Yes
InitialXyz = -0.5, -0.05, 0.15
InitialPbh = -7, 0, 283
XyzAdjust = TRUE
Category=Aircraft
ClipMode=Minimum

Now my question is, why do I have to insert the Hotkey select fix in teh Cherokee, but the C 172 doesn't have that line and it works perfectly with EZdok and Preflight checklist?
MSFS 2020
ATC by PF3

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: EZdok and Checklist camera views in the Cherokee.

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hey Bob,

Please see my response to your other post on the EZdok issue. Could you also just confirm which version of EZdok you're using.

What you describe does sound a little odd as I believe the preflight views working properly are dependent on that "hotkey" entry. Is your A2A C172 fully updated?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

bobsk8
Technical Sergeant

Post by bobsk8 »

Nick M wrote:Hey Bob,

Please see my response to your other post on the EZdok issue. Could you also just confirm which version of EZdok you're using.

What you describe does sound a little odd as I believe the preflight views working properly are dependent on that "hotkey" entry. Is your A2A C172 fully updated?

Thanks,
Nick
Hi Nick, the 172 and the Cherokee ( It's the Cherokee that I am having a problem with, the C 172 works fine) are both updated as of a couple of days ago. The Ezca version I have is 1.1.8.7

That being said, is there any edit that can be done on the Cherokee which I posted above, to have it work both external views and checklist views?
MSFS 2020
ATC by PF3

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks Bob. When you say the pre-flight views in the C172 "work perfectly" without the "hotkey" line, I'm wondering what method you're using to switch between them. That line is included by default by A2A and it's EZdok removing it which causes problems with the controls for cycling back and forth through the pre-flight views.

Away from home at the moment, so can't be too much help I'm afraid with checking my config, but see if that PDF sheds any light on your issue.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

bobsk8
Technical Sergeant

Post by bobsk8 »

Nick M wrote:Okay, thanks Bob. When you say the pre-flight views in the C172 "work perfectly" without the "hotkey" line, I'm wondering what method you're using to switch between them. That line is included by default by A2A and it's EZdok removing it which causes problems with the controls for cycling back and forth through the pre-flight views.

Away from home at the moment, so can't be too much help I'm afraid with checking my config, but see if that PDF sheds any light on your issue.

Cheers,
Nick
Not using any keys to switch pre-flight views, just mouse clicking on the arrows in the bottom of the pre flight box.Anyway, after putting in the hot fix, I went to the Ezdok external views and set them all up again. They were pointed in all kinds of crazy directions, but I got them all adjusted, and now everything is working in the Cherokee, preflight and external... :D
MSFS 2020
ATC by PF3

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, that's good to hear. Not sure how the pre-flight back and forward buttons are working in the C172 with the A2A HotKey entry missing from the aircraft.cfg, but so long as you're happy with the current set-up... :)

Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

bobsk8
Technical Sergeant

Post by bobsk8 »

This is strange. I went to the C 172 today, and started the inspection, and the pre flight views were all messed up. It was working perfectly before without the Hotkey=4 entry in the cfg file but not today. I added the line, and now it works... Go figure.... :?
MSFS 2020
ATC by PF3

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks for the update Bob. The configuration as you describe it now is as I'd expect. (i.e. hotkey entry restored = preflight views working properly.) Who knows what was going on before! :mrgreen:

Nick

bobsk8
Technical Sergeant

Post by bobsk8 »

Nick M wrote:Okay, thanks for the update Bob. The configuration as you describe it now is as I'd expect. (i.e. hotkey entry restored = preflight views working properly.) Who knows what was going on before! :mrgreen:

Nick
I used the PDF that you posted on the other link to modify the camera.cfg , and then redid all the Ezdok outside views and now everything works. Thanks for the help. https://www.dropbox.com/s/tzc9nv4qvyc8u ... e.pdf?dl=0

Bob
MSFS 2020
ATC by PF3

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hey - you're very welcome. Glad the views are working now. :)

Nick

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”