[P3Dv3] Chronometer blank when on multiplayer

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Pricetx
Airman Basic

[P3Dv3] Chronometer blank when on multiplayer

Post by Pricetx »

EDIT: A workaround has been discovered, and is detailed in the 2nd post.

Version:
Prepar3D: 3.2.3.17679
Cherokee Version: Latest (sorry, not sure where to look for the version number)

Summary:
The chronometer in the PA28 turns on and off with the battery master switch. This is working correctly in singleplayer, but in multiplayer the display is blank regardless of whether this switch is on or off (screenshot example shown below). Everything else appears to be working normally.

Testing Scenarios:

Below are a list of scenarios I have tried in an attempt to recreate the problem:

- Launch Prepar3D. Start a new flight using the PA28, and turn on the battery. Works.
- Launch Prepar3D. Start a new flight using the PA28. Connect to a multiplayer session. Turn on battery. Doesn't work.
- Launch Prepar3D. Start a new flight using the PA28. Turn on the battery (works). Connect to a multiplayer session. Verify battery is still turned on. Doesn't work.
- Launch Prepar3D. Start a new flight using the PA28. Connect to a multiplayer session. Turn on battery (doesn't work). Disconnect from multiplayer. Doesn't work.
- Launch Prepar3D. Start a new flight using the PA28. Connect to a multiplayer session. Turn on battery (doesn't work). Disconnect from multiplayer (doesn't work). Use the change vehicle menu to re-select the aircraft. Works.

I also tried performing a complete overhaul on the aircraft while it was experiencing this issue, and it did not resolve it, leading me to believe it's not related to the failures system.

If it helps, the IP I used for testing this was 71.180.180.93. It also does not work if I host a session.

If you require any information about my setup, or would like me to perform any further testing, please let me know.
Last edited by Pricetx on 25 May 2016, 06:53, edited 1 time in total.

Pricetx
Airman Basic

Re: [P3Dv3] Chronometer blank when on multiplayer

Post by Pricetx »

As an update to this, I have found a workaround which resolves the issue.

If I first load into the completely default flight with the F-22, and then join multiplayer (and select the PA28 on the multiplayer screen), the clock works correctly. Having discovered this, I do recall at some point in the past reading about how some systems issues can occur if the first flight is in a non-default aircraft, and this appears to be evidence of that.

Nonetheless, if this is an issue that can be resolved by A2A that would be great, but given the nature of the workaround I do wonder if it has more to do with Prepar3D itself.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: [P3Dv3] Chronometer blank when on multiplayer

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

yes unfortunately this is an issue with the platform and it must be said more so at the time of this post with P3D. On initial load not everything is loaded correctly so its always best to first load into a default aircraft and then switch for a full load.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”