No internal sounds in the Cherokee, P3D 3.2

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Dimus
Airman First Class

No internal sounds in the Cherokee, P3D 3.2

Post by Dimus »

Hi guys!

I recently installed all my P3D enabled Accusim planes in P3D 3.2. I downloaded the latest installers for P3D 3.2 from my account and applied the latest Accusim update. The planes were the 172, 182, Comanche, Cherokee and the T-6. I had purchased the bundle FSX/P3D for all of these.

All planes work fine, except the Cherokee. I do not have any internal sounds when in the VC. In outside view the sound is there. I tried reinstalling (and reapplying the accusim update 04_16_16) with no luck.

Any assistance would be appreciated.
ImageImageImage

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: No internal sounds in the Cherokee, P3D 3.2

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Dimus,

Have you checked the position of the Accu-Sim volume slider in the shift 3 'controls' panel? It allows the cockpit sound volume to be controlled independently for each of your Accu-Sim products, so is a possible culprit.

Also, if you reinstalled the Cherokee, you should manually delete the following file...

C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\A2A\Cherokee180\Update_fsx\client.wyc

...And then re-run the 04_16_16 update.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Dimus
Airman First Class

Post by Dimus »

Hi Nick! The volume bar was indeed the culprit! I have never noticed that bar and I wonder why it was set to 0 in the 180 while it is set at max for all other accusim planes. Anyway, I'm happy again. Thanks!
ImageImageImage

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Aha! Good to hear that it was a simple fix for the missing sound Dimus. :) Just remember to delete that client.wyc file (or the whole update folder) and run the Accu-Sim update again to ensure you've got a properly updated installation of the Cherokee after your earlier reinstall.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Dimus
Airman First Class

Post by Dimus »

Thanks again Nick. I did that too and just completed a nice flight. I have never flown a real Cherokee, only Cessnas and a Super Cub, but this one somehow feels right, even better than the 172, with which I can relate more.
ImageImageImage

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

I can certainly relate to that. A2A's Cherokee was really responsible for reigniting my interest in this hobby so it'll always have a very special place in my flight sim hangar. :)

Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”