pilots yoke

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
mevans
Airman First Class

pilots yoke

Post by mevans »

After latest update cannot get the pilots yoke to appear after removing to access switches.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: pilots yoke

Post by Nick - A2A »

Yes - the original click spot (the yoke shaft) has been hidden a bit by the newly added autopilot buttons. However, you can still see (and click) it if you move your head a bit to the left or right. Alternatively, you can use the shift + 3 'controls' panel.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

MikeFlight
Airman

Post by MikeFlight »

Sorry, but this is not acceptable for me . Not every user has a head tracker, so me too. :(
Happy Landings, Michael

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Yeah - I don't use a head tracker (I use EZdok instead which allows me to peer 'under' the yoke so I rarely hide it) but I can see that the new setup would be a nuisance for anyone who regularly removes the yoke.

Perhaps A2A just need to tweak the click spots a little. The black mounting plate for the buttons could perhaps restore the yoke when clicked rather than causing the A/P mode select button to depress, which is the current response.

Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

mickmack
Airman Basic

Post by mickmack »

Really frustrating update. I need to quickly switch the yoke off and on to get at switches etc..
Selecting shift+3 is real slow when the workload is high.

Can this be changed?

Regards,
Mick

aonyn
Staff Sergeant

Post by aonyn »

Yes, I took my first flight with the new accusim update last night, in the Cherokee.
I like the changes overall, but I did find the autopilot controls over the yoke shaft to be a bit annoying, as I can no longer with a single click remove the yoke / flip a switch/ enable the yoke.
Now I have to either lean way down (track IR) and lose my view of the sky for something as simple as fuel pump for tank switch.... turn off the yoke and struggle to turn it back by leaning for perfect view of mouse click region, or enable the shift3 menu, which loses some emmersion.

Now that said, I do like the general idea of having the autopilot buttons visible when yoke is removed, but would love to see a different solution for that.

My ideas would be...
1) make the autopilot controls a shift3 menu option as well, so I can choose when they show up or not.

2) connect the yokes, so both are enabled/disabled together. This would not bother me, and would leave the passenger shaft open for click to re-enable the yoke. (the realair duke has the yokes enabled together this way)

3) add a re-enable yoke button to those autopilot controls - so an easily accessible click spot is still there.

4) find an open spot on the panel nearby to put those autopilot controls when the yoke is disabled.

I think any of these solutions would be more convenient than the current solution.

Regards,
Dave
Ron Attwood wrote:David, you'd be useless on Twitter. Too reasonable by half. :D

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Thanks for the report we are looking into it. Its looking like a larger clickspot can be made, in the meantime please use the shift + 3 to remove the yoke.

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Kimo
Airman First Class

Post by Kimo »

Yes I agree it's a bit annoying that you have to go through the menu's to get your yoke back. I hope this will be fixed.

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Kimo wrote:Yes I agree it's a bit annoying that you have to go through the menu's to get your yoke back. I hope this will be fixed.
+1 for a fix on that issue.
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

pilottj
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pilottj »

How about moving the autopilot buttons to another spot, such as between the DG and TC, to the left of the Davtron, or between the Strobe and Fuel Pump Switches. They only appear when Yoke is removed. This would free up the original quick click Yoke Hide/Show.
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

ark1320
Airman

Post by ark1320 »

Lewis,
Can you provide an update on a possible fix for this yoke problem?
Thx,
Al

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Its in the works along with other fixes/updates and will be released via the updater. Please use the shift+3 panel in the meantime.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Illi73
Staff Sergeant

Post by Illi73 »

Has there been a fix for this yet? I think I'm up to date, but it's still not possible to bring the yoke back for me after hiding (unless pressing some keys to shift my head position (no track-vr here) or via shift-3). The reason the yoke needs hiding a couple of times if you're not using track vr is because switches such as landing light, etc. are hidden behind the yoke and can't be seen/accessed easily without track vr.

An alternative to making the yoke click area bigger would be to just move the 'stick-on' AP controls a bit to the left, or right, so the metal bar would not be covered (entirely).

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

As of now there hasn't been a fix for this issue. But there hasn't been a new updater since this was reported either. So I guess we'll have to wait just a little while longer :wink:
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Something else which A2A may want to consider for future updates is adding a function or two via the input configurator to toggle the visibility of the yokes. That way customers could just use a keyboard or hardware shortcut. In fact, those who have a registered copy of FSUIPC can already use a basic macro to achieve the same end using the "L:YokeLeftVis" and "L:YokeRightVis" L:Vars.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”