GPSMAP 295 Not Working Correctly?

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
HighAlpha
Airman First Class

GPSMAP 295 Not Working Correctly?

Post by HighAlpha »

Has anyone else encountered this before?

I just finished reinstalling FSX - Boxed version (long story trying to get ORBX working on the Steam version...). Anyway, I installed all of my A2A stuff and updated them all with the latest update launcher. I was flying from Palm Springs to Twenty nine Palms with the Cherokee. I decided to use the Suction cup mounted GPSMAP 295. I entered the KTNP as a direct to waypoint... Afterwards I noticed there was no Desired track, distance or ETE for that waypoint... Tried several different direct to locations with the same result.

After I landed, I loaded up the A2A 172 and tried the 295 in that plane. Same result.

It's been a while since I've used the 295, but I remember it always displaying that information. I know it runs off the default FSX GPS so not saying its a problem with the latest update. But just hoping someone might have an idea what's causing it...

EDIT: I can confirm the default GPS in the Default 172 works normally...

Thanks

Also, I was comparing screenshots from that flight to older ones I have of the Cherokee and the 295 (Prior to the latest update). And it looks like there was a change to the screen of the 295. You'll notice the screen surface with the smudges and scratches no longer is lined up with the 295's position. And now that I think of it, that screen surface texture seems to be at the same angle that it is on the 182. I guess they share the same asset? Could that be linked to the cause above?

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”