P3D V2.2 Simconnect Issue

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
darrentoogood991
Airman Basic

P3D V2.2 Simconnect Issue

Post by darrentoogood991 »

First off what a great aircraft you guys have given us. Has to be the best GA for our hobby period.

Originally I was a FSX user and purchased the FSX version on the day of release. Set up was no problem and she flew very well with good performance on my PC. I then decided to give DX10 a go in FSX and got a fairly good result using the DX10FIXER.

Anyway I'm always checking online vids etc and came across Froogle's new vid on P3D. I was impressed with what I saw and decided to give it a go.
Now because my HDD was low on space I completely removed FSX and installed a fresh copy of P3D. Loaded up all my stuff, ORBX scenery and purchased the P3D A2A Cherokee.

Started her up and Uh-Oh no sound, the maintenance hangar showed every item in red and FSUIPC commands would not work. I checked other aircraft and they worked ok, it appeared to be a problem with A2A. Reloaded etc etc etc with no change. Then found Lewis mention Simconnect issues on another thread.

Did a bit of digging and found P3D did not load Simconnect files when being installed. They are included in the install in the Redist folder in P3D. Ran the install and all was back to normal. The Cherokee was back!

Flew a circuit around Sumburg with volumetric cloud at dusk with the island peeping through the clouds. It was the best thing I have seen in flight simulation in years.

So my point is if your having issues with P3D remember to check the Simconnect installation. Especially on a new clean installation.
I'm sure this is probably well known but that's what I like about this hobby. We all strive to help each other out.

Oh on a cheeky side note I won't be going back to FSX. I was wondering if it's possible to get a refund on the FSX version of the Cherokee as I have purchased the P3D version. I have contacted sales at A2A but no response yet. I wonder if Lewis could advise me on this. If not that's ok the Cherokee is worth the price of both ;-)

Thanks A2A.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: P3D V2.2 Simconnect Issue

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello and welcome to the forums.

Yes this is a good one and I'll add it to the Troubleshooting FAQ.

As for the cheeky request please send me a PM here on the forums I'm sure we can sort something out.

Thanks,
Lewis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

darrentoogood991
Airman Basic

Re: P3D V2.2 Simconnect Issue

Post by darrentoogood991 »

Thanks to Lewis and the team for sorting out my issue.

Customer support really doesn't get any better than this.

Now hurry and start work on a good twin :wink:

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”