Is the Elevator Trim Realistic

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
some1 - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Is the Elevator Trim Realistic

Post by some1 - A2A »

Gary, the Saitek pro flight multi panel was designed to work best with default FSX airplanes, which have very unrealistic trim that is ridiculously sensitive. So to counteract that, the trim wheel on the Saitek panel changes the trim very slowly.
On the other hand, the trim sensitivity in the Cherokee is tuned to the real airplane and it works with the majority of hardware controls, but the Saitek panel may change the trim too slowly by deafult.

I strongly suggest that you check the SPAD drivers for Saitek panels, they allow you to tweak sensitivity and acceleration of the trim wheel on the Multipanel. And many other things too.
Michael Krawczyk

Louis8m
Airman First Class

Post by Louis8m »

Boy you guys are way more gutsier then I am to play with the conf. file on this bird .I have the same problem with my Precision flight control yoke that I have a rocker switch programed for flaps , but I also have a trim wheel so I hook it up and it works just perfect . If you looking for a trim wheel, Saitek has a nice one for about 80 bucks but mine is from Desktop aviators cause when I bought mine no one else had any .
Louis Massicotte -Caroline alberta

Alfredson007
Technical Sergeant

Post by Alfredson007 »

I think i am going to buy a Saitek Throttle Quadrant which has 3 levers, throttle, prop and mixture. Now, i usually prefer fixed pitch planes, so the prop axis could be dedicated as analog trim. Any experience how it would actually work?

smokeyupahead
Staff Sergeant

Post by smokeyupahead »

In the end whatever works for you is good, as long as you can still trim for level flight.
I am not a pilot so I can't compare to the real thing but I never had problems trimming quickly and precisely in all situations. Trimming for a rock steady level flight is just a piece of cake in this aircraft.

Cheers,
David
Cheers,
David DD

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”