2 small issues ;)

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
MatzeH84
Staff Sergeant

2 small issues ;)

Post by MatzeH84 »

First of all, the Chero is a wonderful plane! Guess my 172 will have a quite long stay in the hangar from now on- as the manual said, there are Cessna guys and Piper guys. For me the PA28 always was the nicer bird. Really enjoyable to fly!

I found one minor texture error however: The scale on the MDI should read '12' instead of '13' between '9' and '15' ;)

Second, the engine starter button is click-on-click-off type.I use a hardware button/magneto switch for this (GoPro SECM), which cannot be configured using your input configurator, so I am unable to release the starter unless clicking on it. Wouldn't make it more sense to make it click-on-release-off type?

Edit: Using a analog axis for trimming- as soon as the autopilot is active (ST, HDG, NAV mode, regardless of ALT mode) the axis is disabled. The only way to trim is using standard FSX key commands or the mouse. Switching the AP off the axis becomes active again, and if its position is off the then-trimmed one, a sharp nose up or down occurs.

Going back flying now ;)

Regard,
Matthias
Kind regards, Matthias

Bunkers
Airman Basic

Re: 2 small issues ;)

Post by Bunkers »

MatzeH84 wrote:Using a analog axis for trimming- as soon as the autopilot is active (ST, HDG, NAV mode, regardless of ALT mode) the axis is disabled.
I've got this problem too. When AP is engaged, I cannot trim the aircraft with my joystick buttons (no axis assigned) anymore.

MatzeH84
Staff Sergeant

Post by MatzeH84 »

Funny. Exactly this works for me.
I mapped the buttons to work as a keyboard command however.
Kind regards, Matthias

lonewulf47
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by lonewulf47 »

MatzeH84 wrote:Second, the engine starter button is click-on-click-off type.I use a hardware button/magneto switch for this (GoPro SECM), which cannot be configured using your input configurator, so I am unable to release the starter unless clicking on it. Wouldn't make it more sense to make it click-on-release-off type?
Yes, but this is not a bug, this is a feature to give you the possibility to e.g. move any other controls like Mixture Lever during engine start without interrupting the Starter Motor.
MatzeH84 wrote:Edit: Using a analog axis for trimming- as soon as the autopilot is active (ST, HDG, NAV mode, regardless of ALT mode) the axis is disabled. The only way to trim is using standard FSX key commands or the mouse. Switching the AP off the axis becomes active again, and if its position is off the then-trimmed one, a sharp nose up or down occurs.
Now this is funny and certainly not as designed. The A/P does not use the Stabilator Trim. It should be available any time, with or without A/P engaged. In my install I can retrim the A/C with the A/P engaged - something that is ultimately required with this type of A/P. Unfortunately I cannot check ATM as I'm AFK until next monday. If this is a bug then it has occurred within the last program changes just prior to release as I can positively say trim was working as per design during the whole betatest. Maybe someone else can confirm this issue? Analog Stabilator trim assigned through the Input Configurator should NEVER be inhibited.
Oskar

ASUS MAXIMUS XI Hero, i9-9900K 8 Core OC 5.2 GHz, WIN10-64Bit, 32GB DDR5, Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti Strix, 2x 2 TB SSD M.2, 1x 2 TB SSD, 1 monitor 4k, AS4, EFB on remote PC

MatzeH84
Staff Sergeant

Post by MatzeH84 »

Regarding the starter, I didn't say it's a bug ;)
I just said it's uncomfortable. You could also manage to keep the button pressed in by clicking it and then dragging the mouse out of the clickzone. This way you'd still be able to operate it using hardware input, while keeping the possibility to manipulate other controls while the starter is engaged.

I found the error for the trim being on my side, many thanks!
I configured the axis via FSUIPC, not using the A2A configurator. Having it done through the A2A tool everything is fine now! :)
Kind regards, Matthias

wothan
Staff Sergeant

Post by wothan »

lonewulf47 wrote:
MatzeH84 wrote:Second, the engine starter button is click-on-click-off type.I use a hardware button/magneto switch for this (GoPro SECM), which cannot be configured using your input configurator, so I am unable to release the starter unless clicking on it. Wouldn't make it more sense to make it click-on-release-off type?
Yes, but this is not a bug, this is a feature to give you the possibility to e.g. move any other controls like Mixture Lever during engine start without interrupting the Starter Motor.
MatzeH84 wrote:Edit: Using a analog axis for trimming- as soon as the autopilot is active (ST, HDG, NAV mode, regardless of ALT mode) the axis is disabled. The only way to trim is using standard FSX key commands or the mouse. Switching the AP off the axis becomes active again, and if its position is off the then-trimmed one, a sharp nose up or down occurs.
Now this is funny and certainly not as designed. The A/P does not use the Stabilator Trim. It should be available any time, with or without A/P engaged. In my install I can retrim the A/C with the A/P engaged - something that is ultimately required with this type of A/P. Unfortunately I cannot check ATM as I'm AFK until next monday. If this is a bug then it has occurred within the last program changes just prior to release as I can positively say trim was working as per design during the whole betatest. Maybe someone else can confirm this issue? Analog Stabilator trim assigned through the Input Configurator should NEVER be inhibited.
I had the same issue with elevator trim assigned through FSUIPC. Once the AP was enaged I could only trim with buttin preses and not with my assigned axis.
But setting yp trim axis with the input configurator works flawless.

FinnJ
When I like to do basic flying, I turn to A2A Aircraft, cause A2A "basic" flying means "complex" procedures.

lonewulf47
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by lonewulf47 »

Sounds great, doesn't it :wink: ? Great to see that things work out as designed. This S-TEC30 is one of a tricky kind of autopilot but nevertheless fun to fly as is somewhat different to all other Autopilots (not talking about default...). Once you get the hang of it even the altitude hold is easily manageable. I bet you won't see this autopilot modeled down to the latest specs in any other FSX A/C... :D
Oskar

ASUS MAXIMUS XI Hero, i9-9900K 8 Core OC 5.2 GHz, WIN10-64Bit, 32GB DDR5, Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti Strix, 2x 2 TB SSD M.2, 1x 2 TB SSD, 1 monitor 4k, AS4, EFB on remote PC

KloudKruiser
Airman First Class

Post by KloudKruiser »

Bunkers wrote:
MatzeH84 wrote:Using a analog axis for trimming- as soon as the autopilot is active (ST, HDG, NAV mode, regardless of ALT mode) the axis is disabled.
I've got this problem too. When AP is engaged, I cannot trim the aircraft with my joystick buttons (no axis assigned) anymore.
I use a Saitek Cessna Yoke, Trim Wheel, TPM, and Rudders. When the autopilot is engaged I cannot use the trim wheel to trim, but I can trim using the trim switch on my yoke. When the autopilot is off I can trim with either the trim wheel or yoke trim switch. For whats its worth.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

KloudKruiser wrote:I use a Saitek Cessna Yoke, Trim Wheel, TPM, and Rudders. When the autopilot is engaged I cannot use the trim wheel to trim, but I can trim using the trim switch on my yoke. When the autopilot is off I can trim with either the trim wheel or yoke trim switch. For whats its worth.
Have you tried mapping the trim wheel via the input config app included?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

KloudKruiser
Airman First Class

Post by KloudKruiser »

Lewis - A2A wrote:
KloudKruiser wrote:I use a Saitek Cessna Yoke, Trim Wheel, TPM, and Rudders. When the autopilot is engaged I cannot use the trim wheel to trim, but I can trim using the trim switch on my yoke. When the autopilot is off I can trim with either the trim wheel or yoke trim switch. For whats its worth.

thanks,
Lewis
Actually I had no idea that tool existed, but as soon as I land I'm on it.Thanks!

KloudKruiser
Airman First Class

Post by KloudKruiser »

Lewis - A2A wrote:

thanks,
Lewis
Ok that tool did the trick. Controls all now working great! Thanks!

Chris

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

No problem and happy flying

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”