Minor sound issue

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
pilottj
Senior Master Sergeant

Minor sound issue

Post by pilottj »

Fantastic airplane! I have already put 6 hrs on it lol.

Minor sound issue involving wind noise while the plane is shut off. When opening the window vent, rushing air sound is heard even when at a cold start state. I think the floor vents have this issue, but they are a bit quieter. I have installed core update after the Cherokee just to be sure. Other than that I haven't noticed anything else yet.

Cheers
TJ
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

Molly - A2A
A2A Major

Re: Minor sound issue

Post by Molly - A2A »

What are the winds like where you're parked and checking this out? If it's a bit windy you'll hear the air coming through the vents.

I just tested with ASN at KEGE, 12-17kts wind. Air sound coming through vents. As soon as I close ASN and winds default to 0, vent sound goes away. Working as intended (and with A2A's usual amazing attention to detail :D ) IMO.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

It's not a bug, it's a feature. It depends on where the plane is facing and the direction of the wind.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

WilliamJSS
Senior Airman

Post by WilliamJSS »

Ha!
Just got done with my first circuit around KSSI and was about to look into the same thing. Come to think of it, I did part with the window facing into the wind. Wow guys.

One flight and fouled plugs...lol. My virtual mechanic in me will be busy I suspect with this one. She flies like a dream!

pilottj
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pilottj »

Haha great, nevermind then :D I've already put 8hrs on the Tach. I am currently cruising at night, and the lighting is beautiful. As far as I can tell this is a perfect airplane and a completely bug free release.
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

Molly - A2A
A2A Major

Post by Molly - A2A »

pilottj wrote:Haha great, nevermind then :D I am currently cruising at night, and the lighting is beautiful. As far as I can tell this is a perfect airplane and a bug free release.
+1 it's just incredible! A2A's "spit and polish" is always just impeccable.

Romeo_Tango
Senior Airman

Post by Romeo_Tango »

Scott - A2A wrote:It's not a bug, it's a feature. It depends on where the plane is facing and the direction of the wind.

Scott.
Just saw this after starting another thread re this issue.
Is there some way to quiet this sound some? On my system it is unrealistically loud. Almost as loud as my engine running.
ImageImage ImageImageImage[/url]Image

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

I just added this to the list for the next core update, to perhaps better tune the volume.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”