Flight1 GTN 750 VC panel installation issues

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
SoCalPilot1
Airman Basic

Flight1 GTN 750 VC panel installation issues

Post by SoCalPilot1 »

Good morning,

I recently purchased the Flight1 GTN 750 GPS and installed all the software per instructions. It seems to work fine as a stand alone trainer, and in the A2A C182, Comanche 250, and in the Cherokee 180. The problem I'm having is getting it installed in the VC of the C182 and Cherokee 180 and having it work ("light up"). Initially, I was able to get the GTN installed in the VC after downloading and installing the latest AccuSim updates. But then the GTN would not fire up at all. I then removed all GTN/Garmin software and reinstalled it. Now the GTN works, but for some reason I can't get it in the VC of the C182 and Cherokee 180. It works as a popup, but no VC panel/stack install. The Comanche 250 is installed in the VC panel/stack and works fine! When I try to open the Aircraft Configurator_FSX for the C182, it gives me the option for the Fligt1 GPS, but no option for the GTN 750 or 650. As for the Cherokee 180, I don't even get the option for the Aircraft Cofigurator_FSX. So, I removed the latest A2A updates, rebooted the computer, reinstalled, rebooted, and still no option for installing the GTM in the VC in the 182 or 180. Comanche 250 is fine!

I have read post after post in A2A and Flight1 SimForums. I'm out of ideas. One would think this would be as simple as installing the A2A aircraft! And by the way, I love the A2A aircraft! I just wished I could get the GTN 750 installed in the VC of these aircraft and working like the Comanche 250! What's up with that? I'm currently running FSX Gold w/ Acc, Windows 7 Pro, and have everything neccessary to run the A2A aircraft, FSX, the GTN 750 etc. Like I mentioned earlier, the Comanche 250 works fine with the GTN installed in the VC and lighting up. Any chance I could get some help with this? The thing that stumps me the most, is having the VC option before with the C182 and Cherokee 180, but it will not update now and give me the option again! :shock:

Keep up the great work! Hope to hear from you soon! Ray

Michal - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Flight1 GTN 750 VC panel installation issues

Post by Michal - A2A »

If I understand you correctly, you are not able to even display the 3d unit inside of the cockpits?

Could you please overwrite your panel.cfg files with these:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p3tbmz7bo2e3l ... g.zip?dl=1

And try again? They should enable the GTN750 in the VC in both C182 and the Cherokee.

SoCalPilot1
Airman Basic

Post by SoCalPilot1 »

Michal,

I appreciate your prompt response! I backed up the default panel .cfg for both planes and replaced them with the ones you provided. That worked! Thank you!
After doing this, I noticed that the Cherokee 180 still does not have the "Aircraft Configurator_FSX" available. The C182 has it and gives the option for Flight1, but it still does not give the option for the GTN 650 or GTN 750 check boxes. When I originally downloaded the most recent update patch that Scott posted, both aircraft had the "Aircraft Configurator_FSX" and gave the option for "Flight1" and the "GTN 650 & 750" check boxes for both planes. Is there a way to restore these options as well? I have tried to reinstall the update patch several times now with the same results. During the install, it says that all three of my planes are up to date, but the 180 and 182 "Aircraft Configurator_FSX" will not update. The Comanche 250 is all good! I never had any problems with this plane during installs or updates.

Thank you Sir!

Michal - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Michal - A2A »

SoCalPilot1 wrote:Michal,

I appreciate your prompt response! I backed up the default panel .cfg for both planes and replaced them with the ones you provided. That worked! Thank you!
After doing this, I noticed that the Cherokee 180 still does not have the "Aircraft Configurator_FSX" available. The C182 has it and gives the option for Flight1, but it still does not give the option for the GTN 650 or GTN 750 check boxes. When I originally downloaded the most recent update patch that Scott posted, both aircraft had the "Aircraft Configurator_FSX" and gave the option for "Flight1" and the "GTN 650 & 750" check boxes for both planes. Is there a way to restore these options as well? I have tried to reinstall the update patch several times now with the same results. During the install, it says that all three of my planes are up to date, but the 180 and 182 "Aircraft Configurator_FSX" will not update. The Comanche 250 is all good! I never had any problems with this plane during installs or updates.

Thank you Sir!
I'm glad the temporary walkaround worked, we will look at the configurator issue.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

SoCalPilot1 wrote:I have tried to reinstall the update patch several times now with the same results. During the install, it says that all three of my planes are up to date, but the 180 and 182 "Aircraft Configurator_FSX" will not update.
Hello Ray,

It sounds like your best bet is to delete the 'client.wyc' file for each of your A2A products. For the Cherokee the file to delete is located at:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\A2A\Cherokee180\Update_fsx

The files for your other A2A aircraft are located in their directories in the A2A folder. After removing them, just re-run the latest Accu-Sim update.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

SoCalPilot1
Airman Basic

Post by SoCalPilot1 »

Nick M wrote:
SoCalPilot1 wrote:I have tried to reinstall the update patch several times now with the same results. During the install, it says that all three of my planes are up to date, but the 180 and 182 "Aircraft Configurator_FSX" will not update.
Hello Ray,

It sounds like your best bet is to delete the 'client.wyc' file for each of your A2A products. For the Cherokee the file to delete is located at:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\A2A\Cherokee180\Update_fsx

The files for your other A2A aircraft are located in their directories in the A2A folder. After removing them, just re-run the latest Accu-Sim update.

Cheers,
Nick

Thanks Nick! I'll give that a try.

Best,
Ray

SoCalPilot1
Airman Basic

Post by SoCalPilot1 »

SoCalPilot1 wrote:
Nick M wrote:
Hello Ray,

Cheers,
Nick

Thanks Nick! I'll give that a try.

Best,
Ray

Nick,

Sorry to bug you again, but before I delete the 'client.wyc' file for both aircraft and reinstall the update again, is there a chance doing so might mess up the GTN 750 and put me back at square one? I would hate to go through having to deal with getting the GTN 750 to work again since it works so well now. Just curious.

Thanks!
Ray

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Ray,

Deleting those 'client.wyc' files shouldn't affect your GTN installation but will force the Accu-Sim updater to replace or update A2A files as necessary. Quite often issues with the A2A aircraft failing to update are caused by reinstallation of the original product over an updated one: this is where deleting the 'client.wyc' file(s) should help.

The A2A aircraft configurators work by swapping out different version of the panel.cfg file if I understand correctly (or the *.MDL file for landing lights). If after forcing the update you're still in the same situation (no access to the aircraft configurator), you'll probably need to overwrite your existing panel.cfg files again with the ones Michal provided above.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

SoCalPilot1
Airman Basic

Post by SoCalPilot1 »

Nick M wrote:Hi Ray,

Deleting those 'client.wyc' files shouldn't affect your GTN installation but will force the Accu-Sim updater to replace or update A2A files as necessary. Quite often issues with the A2A aircraft failing to update are caused by reinstallation of the original product over an updated one: this is where deleting the 'client.wyc' file(s) should help.

The A2A aircraft configurators work by swapping out different version of the panel.cfg file if I understand correctly (or the *.MDL file for landing lights). If after forcing the update you're still in the same situation (no access to the aircraft configurator), you'll probably need to overwrite your existing panel.cfg files again with the ones Michal provided above.

Thanks,
Nick

Thanks Nick. I appreciate the response!
Ray

Airmanmd
Airman Basic

Post by Airmanmd »

Hey I just bought the flight1 gtn 750/650 and also have the same issue with my a2a c172 gtn not showing up in the vc. I have no configure tool to setup the gps in the 172 and I looked everywhere for it and only found the A2A C172 input config tool. i clicked on the link above only to find the link not working. I need help with this issue please.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Airmanmd wrote:Hey I just bought the flight1 gtn 750/650 and also have the same issue with my a2a c172 gtn not showing up in the vc. I have no configure tool to setup the gps in the 172 and I looked everywhere for it and only found the A2A C172 input config tool. i clicked on the link above only to find the link not working. I need help with this issue please.
Hello and welcome to the forums,

have you run the latest Accu-sim updater to make sure you are all up to date?

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Airmanmd
Airman Basic

Post by Airmanmd »

Thanks, everything is good now searched for latest update and now have the aircraft config app and both my of units are now apart of my avionics stack in my c172

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Good hear, happy flying in the virtual skies 8) 8)

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Richpress
Airman Basic

Post by Richpress »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Good hear, happy flying in the virtual skies 8) 8)

cheers,
Lewis
Hi I am new to this forum
I recently purchased the a2a piper cherokee 180 and I must say I it brings back memories of my actual flying days in the 70s
I purchased the f1 gtn650/750 and successfully installed the gt 650. However when using the configurator to install the 750 the panel appears in the vc but will no start.
I have run the latest update file.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Richpress - welcome to the A2A forums.

Please can you let us know if you've managed to get the Flight1 GTN working successfully in any other aircraft? We just need to verify if the third-party add-on package in question is working successfully in whichever host sim you're using.

Thanks,
Nick

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”