Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo Profiles for the Cherokee

The Low Wing Wonder
new reply
OGfishm0nger
Airman

Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo Profiles for the Cherokee

Post by OGfishm0nger »

Hi,

I have been working on some Honeycomb profiles for the Cherokee on and off over the past few weeks. They are now at a point where I am comfortable sharing them with others :D .

These are my first attempts at creating any kind of controller profile for anything more complicated than a joystick so keep that in mind. I am open to any feedback and am working with the assumption that I will be making changes to these profiles in the future. I have only tested these in P3D v4.5 so I would LOVE to hear some feedback on how they work in v5. Also if someone finds these profiles mostly useful but wants to change a couple of button assignments I may be able to walk you through the process.

Feel free to post any questions here or PM me.

Also thanks to Tyrion for posting his Bonanza profile and answering a couple of my questions to help get me on the right track.

Link here

EDIT 2021-03-21:

Aerosoft recently released version 2.1 of their Honeycomb Configurator which added some new functionality and fixed some bugs including the button mapping bug present in version 2.0.0.1. Accordingly I have made a few changes to my profiles to take advantage of the new features as well as making a few small tweaks. These changes will probably break compatibility with earlier versions of the Configurator so I would encourage you to download the latest version from Aerosoft. I will keep the initial version of the profiles available for a little while for those who haven't upgraded yet, but will most likely remove them at some point in the future. The link above will give you access to both versions.

ver 2021.03.21
  • VS LED now lights up when AP Trim DN or UP warning light is lit
  • Assigned Left Rudder Trim and Right Rudder Trim to buttons 11 and 12 respectively
  • DOOR LED now remains lit if door latch closed while door is open
  • Added conditions to a few switches to help keep them in sync with the simulator
  • Set MASTER LED function to only allow LED’s to be lit if L:FSXBusVoltage > 6
  • Made a few behind-the-scenes changes for compatibility with version 2.1 of the Honeycomb Configurator (this probably breaks compatibility with earlier versions of the software)
ver 2021.03.13
  • Initial release
Last edited by OGfishm0nger on 21 Mar 2021, 13:24, edited 1 time in total.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo Profiles for the Cherokee

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Smashing thanks for taking the time to create this and share it with the community!

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180”