Was an HSI mod ever available?

The Low Wing Wonder
new reply
ryanbatc
Staff Sergeant

Was an HSI mod ever available?

Post by ryanbatc »

Trying to see if anyone ever made an HSI mod for this plane? I'm going to start using it for a rough relation to the Musketeer I fly. I had an airspeed indicator in kias, a mod which I am using now, but will revert back because the BE24 we fly is mph. Wondering if there is an HSI avail anywhere?

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Re: Was an HSI mod ever available?

Post by AKar »

I don't think there is. It would take a remake of the gauge built in to the model.

Took me a while to find a real one with HSI from the www, not too common it seems.

-Esa

ryanbatc
Staff Sergeant

Post by ryanbatc »

Agreed, definitely not too common. My friend's BE24 is an odd but lovely plane. 200 horse, fuel injected, fixed pitch fixed gear ha. Previous owners had a nice HSI installed (edit: exactly identical to that link you gave me). He actually installed a Garmin G5 ehsi and attitude indicator.

If Scott is looking for a nice but simple plane with basically unlimited access I know a guy! My friend jokes that the panel is now worth more than the money he spent on the plane lol

(sorry to hijack the cherokee thread)
Image59J_panel by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

ryanbatc wrote: 29 Jun 2020, 11:28 Previous owners had a nice HSI installed (edit: exactly identical to that link you gave me).
Yeah, if you're looking for an A2A Piper with that Century NSD360A HSI fitted Ryan, I'm afraid it's going to have to be the Comanche. As Esa says, it's not possible to make major changes to the gauge components without altering the model itself.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

zazaboeing
Senior Airman

Post by zazaboeing »

These Garmin G5 and Engine Monitors are taking the old panels by storm. They are great! Just hope A2A reflect this in upcoming releases.

ryanbatc
Staff Sergeant

Post by ryanbatc »

Nick - A2A wrote: 29 Jun 2020, 11:43
ryanbatc wrote: 29 Jun 2020, 11:28 Previous owners had a nice HSI installed (edit: exactly identical to that link you gave me).
Yeah, if you're looking for an A2A Piper with that Century NSD360A HSI fitted Ryan, I'm afraid it's going to have to be the Comanche. As Esa says, it's not possible to make major changes to the gauge components without altering the model itself.

Thanks,
Nick
Ya I understand no worries! There was an airspeed indicator mod from mph to knots that I used to use but ironically I went back to the default for mph. Also I've got the piper blue and black AI similar to what I used to fly.
zazaboeing wrote: 29 Jun 2020, 13:26 These Garmin G5 and Engine Monitors are taking the old panels by storm. They are great! Just hope A2A reflect this in upcoming releases.
Yeah they are - they're awesome little units!

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180”