Honeycomb Yoke and A/P Master Switch

The Low Wing Wonder
new reply
triflyman
Senior Airman

Honeycomb Yoke and A/P Master Switch

Post by triflyman »

Just received new Honeycomb Yoke and spent Saturday setting up all the buttons & switches for the PA28-180 Cherokee. Using a combination of the A2A Input Configurator and the Honeycomb (Aerosoft) YokeInput software I was able to get everything assigned as I needed except for the Autopilot Master Switch. I used, for reference, the P3D Variable Event Id's and Dawson's Variable Gauge. Apologize this is long.

Here is what happened when I tried to program the Autopilot Master to the Avionics Bus2 rocker switch:
- Programed the Avionics Bus1 rocker switch for the Avionics Master Switch (>K:AVIONICS_MASTER_SET)...works as it should
- Then programed the Avionics Bus2 rocker switch to the Autopilot Master Switch (>K:AP_MASTER) and confirmed this was the correct variable with Dawson's gauge.
- Next day set up a flight, took off, got to altitude and tried to turn on the A/P Master Switch using the Yoke's Avionics Bus2 rocker...nothing. Completed flight using the mouse to turn on and off the A/P Master Switch.
- After shut down, at destination, began to investigate the issue and found:
- Avionics Bus2 not able to control the A/P Master Switch
- "Z" key (default P3D key for Autopilot Master) also not working
- Looked to see if any other assignments might be conflicting...none were found
- Deleted the "Z" key assignment...still nothing from the Bus2 rocker
- Deleted the Bus2 program and reassigned the "Z" key in P3D...still not working
- Assigned the #2 push button on the left horn, using the A2A Input Configurator and now the Autopilot Master works as it should.

I would still like to program the Bus2 rocker to the Autopilot Master so I could use the #2 push button on the left horn to cycle through the A/P Modes...if I can figure out how to do that.
So...if anyone can give me some help on this it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Garry

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Honeycomb Yoke and A/P Master Switch

Post by MarcE »

I've given up on the Aerosoft software and took LINDA. It's free and a LOT easier to use. You'd be ready within minutes.

You can get it here:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/forum/427-linda-downloads/

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180”